Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do YOU want as our manager?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
After causing a bruise on my forearm from pinching it to make sure I wasn't just dreaming, I can now honestly say I don't really care who is appointed next. Give Jones a go until the CV's can be analysed:shrug:

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Seriously what has McDermot ever really done to make him a manager you would want? Less than Nigel Adkins, but suspect you wouldn't want him?

Jim Bob

I think that MCDermott has done a good job at this level and I like how he comes across, I'm sure that Adkins has a similar record in what they have done but he is not for me, may of missed your preference who would you go for Giraffe?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
And so the speculations begins on his successor. I'd love to see Warburton or Howe installed but both are unlikely given our current predicament compared to their clubs' high-flying current status. However, we are a much bigger club than either with superb facilities and a highly promising future. Looking past the short term slog it would be an enticing prospect.

Robinson must also be on the radar now.

I seriously doubt, for varying reasons, the likelihood of Sherwood, Eriksson or Keane (all in the bookies lists) joining.

Pulis could just about be plausible but I'd doubt we'd be attractive enough a job for him, given our current situ'. Little to enhance his rep in the short term. I also think TB is dedicated to us playing a certain brand of football that would preclude him - unless as just a half-season "fire-fighting" deal for the mutual benefit of both parties.

Other possibles might be:

- Albert Ferrer, ex-Chelsea player who recently lost his job extremely unluckily at Córdoba. Got them up to La Liga last season but sacked after just 8 games at a vastly tougher level. Went on record last week as saying keen on a move to a top 2 divs club here in Blighty. Smells like a TB dish to me.

- Karl Robinson. Several seasons of "slow grow" at MKDons. Good long term option perhaps. Has taken a long time to really get them firing but no out-and-out BAD seasons in his debut manager's role in that time. One thing is for sure: he's having a great one this season so far!

- Chris Hughton. Not sure about him. Decent guy, reasonable manager with some relevant experience. Is he the right fit though?

- Tony Mowbray (see Chris Hughton)

- there's also an Irish guy I heard interviewed on the radio some time ago who has been coaching in Africa and elsewhere. Sounds a very switched on and progressive coach with an interesting cv. If you watched Football Focus at the weekend you would have seen the guy interviewed there. Clearly he's attracted the notice of the Beeb. Perhaps TB too? (Can't remember his name though.)

- Paul Clement? Would he come at this time? Doubt it. Will want to see out the current phase of his Real Madrid career before any move

- Zola?

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Agreed, I would go for either Danny Murphy or Phil Neville.
Amongst the current unemployed managers, there really isn't any that inspire me.
No doubt one of the will be appointed.

I think Danny Murphy would be a very good choice. I don't think Phil is the Neville brother who could become a top manager.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Gardner Speirs with Manu Petit as his defensive coach. I know he only ever played one game at United, but then again José Mourinho only ever played at Segunda Liga level.......Come on you Stripey Wonders:ascarf:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pulis.

Knows the game, will get the maximum out of the players. We won't be relegated with him in charge.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Stephen Fry,

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If you can keep your head when North Stand Chat
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when the West Stand doubt you,
But make allowance for the stewards too;
If you can wait and not be tired by failed free-kicks,
Or having loan discussions, don’t deal in loans,
Or seeing banners, don’t give way to banners,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk of Dennis Wise:

If you can dream of three points —and not make three points your master;
If you can think of draws—and not make draws your aim;
If you can meet with single game and season ticket holders
And treat those whingeing *******s just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by Naylor to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the wingbacks you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop to build possession up with worn-out Swansea players:

If you can make one heap of all your midfielders
And risk it on one turn at the edge of the box,
And lose, and start again with the academy
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force Ince and Forster-Caskey and Danny Holla
To serve your turn long after the ball has gone,
And so hold on when there is no one up front
Except Darren Bent, who says to them: ‘Come on!’

If you can talk with NSK and keep your virtue,
Or walk with 1901ers not losing the common touch,
If neither libraries nor rowdy chanters can hurt you,
If all men and women count with you, but men not too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving added minutes
With sixty seconds’ worth of shouting all as one,
Yours is the Amex and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be our manager, my son!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Sorry Sami couldn't push it through, but honest of him if he felt he wasn't up to it. However when you quit like that, as honourable as it was, you'll never know whether you would ever have been good enough.

I'd love Pulis, I hate him wearing that silly hat like some American admiral, but he does get results. Let's face it as much as it hurt he did a great job with Palarse.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jesus H Christ!!!!

We're not quite in need of a miracle yet, but if things don't start to turn around soon, he might be right up Bloom's street.

(Barber would love him too: imagine the reduced expenditure on wine, even if the water bills went up a bit).

Feb 14, 2010
Someone who talks about winning and points. Not philosophy. But someone who equally will understand that you pass the ball to a man in the same shirt, not hoof it 40 yards.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg

dont panic!!!!!
Dont panic!!!!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Someone who can build a team. Someone who can spot a player on the way up. Someone who will improve the players we have. Someone who is prepared to put young players into the first team. Someone who can change switch tactics to change the course of a match. Someone who will get us passing. Someone the players want to play for.

Glad I am not making the decision.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Hoddle for me.

Why would anyone want Eisler - he's another Dennis wise/Sami - any success he's had looks to be down to the assistant he had - look at what Warburton has done at Brentford compared with what uwe achieved at Wigan!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here