Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you now want to win the World Cup?

Who do you want to win the World Cup?

• Argentina

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • Morocco

Votes: 53 25.2%
  • France

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Ukraine

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 27 12.9%

• Total voters

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
I wanted France from the beginning, partly from being a Francophile, and partly because everybody assumed Brazil or Argentina.

But for the MacAllister wouldn’t object to an Argentina win. Would be happy to see an Africa win. And I’ve always thought Modric was a great player, even back to when he was at Spurs - not a Prima Donna!
Would love to see the berbers beat the colonials on wednesday

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I don't mind Argentina. For cheating they are behind the premature dancing crybabies of Brazil and the absolute cheating scrotes of Portugal (edit - and how can I forget Uruguay :facepalm:. The Dutch tried their best to put off the final penalty taker multiple times so I can forgive the Argies for giving it back after the last pen (plus i remember Krul's antics previously). AliMac and Messi don't appear to be significant cheaters (all footballers have it in them mind, sadly) either. Also, Argentina have fans over there in their droves. It's great for Africa and the Berbers that Morocco have done so well but no more whistling thanks, it ruins the atmosphere (aswell as the dull football). I'd like an Argentina v France final but the French must lose (basically they are an annoying nation and they have won the WC and Euros too many times now).

Last edited:

Rush7V

Dec 12, 2022
Has to be Argentina, cement Messi in the history as the best ever (It's the one thing missing from his shelf) - can't fault his achievements.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Love Argentina, the team, the country and the food. If people from Sussex can support Man Utd etc, why can't I support Argentina. My love for Maradona means they're always my first choice. Also I have no time for Gareth Southgate, Harry Kane or Slab head and now we have an Argentinian international (may have changed teams if Dunk got the call) it would be silly to change teams now. I'd also like Morocco to win and that makes it a bit more complicated.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Away from winner I see 3rd place play off on 17th. That must be one of worst games to play in

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why the love in with Argentina, I do not get it, Messi tax cheating scrotal midget, Ali Mac, he won't be here come August....
They are not that good, dive and roll all over the floor, Messi influences the gullible referees, goes down with minimal contact, they behave atrociously at the end of the last game, I simply think they do not deserve the love in , maybe I am wrong

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Away from winner I see 3rd place play off on 17th. That must be one of worst games to play in
Why would it be? Those getting the bronze medal are usually just as happy as those who win the entire thing. They're permanently in the history books and get to celebrate and be happy after the last game, unlike the silver medalists who are always devastated.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Why the love in with Argentina, I do not get it, Messi tax cheating scrotal midget, Ali Mac, he won't be here come August....
They are not that good, dive and roll all over the floor, Messi influences the gullible referees, goes down with minimal contact, they behave atrociously at the end of the last game, I simply think they do not deserve the love in , maybe I am wrong
Totally agree, horrible team. Read that Messi said Maradona was helping the team, looking down on them from heaven. If there is an afterlife, that cheating drugged up scumbag certainly won't be in heaven!

It seems a bit tinpot supporting another nation just because a Brighton player plays for them, particularly these days, when players really have no loyalty to their clubs and move on to "bigger" clubs as soon as they can. Perhaps we shouldn't have supported England at the WC, as there were no Brighton players in the squad!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why would it be? Those getting the bronze medal are usually just as happy as those who win the entire thing. They're permanently in the history books and get to celebrate and be happy after the last game, unlike the silver medalists who are always devastated.
I feel you could be wrong this time if Morocco beat France, that will be their world cup final, I doubt they will be devested if they finish runners up, being the first African/Arabic side in the final, they will be treated like gods on their return home.

A side note: I bet all police leave is cancelled in the big cities tomorrow night in France, I full expect it too kick off, in Paris and Marseille !!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I feel you could be wrong this time if Morocco beat France, that will be their world cup final, I doubt they will be devested if they finish runners up, being the first African/Arabic side in the final, they will be treated like gods on their return home.

A side note: I bet all police leave is cancelled in the big cities tomorrow night in France, I full expect it too kick off, in Paris and Marseille !!
I think they will be devastated if they lose the final, just a natural reaction to getting that close, but indeed it would probably blow over pretty quickly (at latest when going back to Morocco). A bit similar to Croatia last time around.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Argentina have a fantastic team and it would be great to see Alexis Mac and Lionel Messi win the World Cup. Probably in that order for me. Messi deserves the glory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here