Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who do you now want to win the World Cup?

Who do you want to win the World Cup?

• Argentina

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • Morocco

Votes: 53 25.2%
  • France

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Ukraine

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 27 12.9%

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As much as it would be fantastic to have a world cup winner in the Albion ranks, I'm another A.B.Aer. It's just ingrained in me to always want their opponents to beat them.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Still want England - but accept the ship has sailed on that one 🤷‍♂️

So, equally unrealistically, I think it would be fantastic for World Cup football if Morocco won.

But, as I said after our match yesterday, we did proud and went out to the Defending Champions, so if France win again, I can console myself in the slightly dubious fact that if it hadn’t been for meeting them in the QF, our team would be bringing the Cup home.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I’m more emotionally invested in the third place playoff match. Should be an absolute cracker, especially if it goes to extra time and then pens.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Morocco obviously, the underdogs. I could have been swayed towards Argentina because of Mac Allister, but the way they taunted the Dutch after the penalty shoot-out was very poor form. I wish nothing but ill on the gloating little scrotes now. Love to see someone rub their noses in it.

Reactions: SAC

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Morocco all the way.

no big time Charlie’s , no hurling themselves to the floor, just honest football.

and I can’t stand all the commentators wanking themselves silly over messi! It’s vomit inducing

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You are assuming we all wanted England to win the World Cup.
I wanted France from the beginning, partly from being a Francophile, and partly because everybody assumed Brazil or Argentina.

But for the MacAllister wouldn’t object to an Argentina win. Would be happy to see an Africa win. And I’ve always thought Modric was a great player, even back to when he was at Spurs - not a Prima Donna!

Despite the Brighton connection I can't support Argentina in any way. France should get through to the final and lift the Cup as they are the most gifted team left of the four, but if Argentina don't match up skills wise in a game we all know what is going to happen. Expect the cynical and dirty side that they often revert to when they are up against it.

For all his virtues Messi is not averse to putting the boot in or faking a foul when needed. there is a rich vein of spite that runs through Argentine football and I expect them to be shameless in their pursuit of glory.
This with bells on. Plus the falklands 😉

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Morocco, of course.

4-3 against Argentina in the final. Mac treble.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Never thought I’d say Argentine but having a Brighton player say he’s won the World Cup would be amazing. Throw in the Messi factor and it’s a no brainier
This. But as I'm missing the Arsenal game the chance of being able to see a world cup winner play for the Albion may have gone by the Liverpool game

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I wanted France from the beginning, partly from being a Francophile, and partly because everybody assumed Brazil or Argentina.

But for the MacAllister wouldn’t object to an Argentina win. Would be happy to see an Africa win. And I’ve always thought Modric was a great player, even back to when he was at Spurs - not a Prima Donna!
The thing it about Modric is his performance levels, hard to think of another player that game after game is consistently class. No excuses like I’ve been hearing all day about England players not turning up. If you can’t turn up in a World Cup quarter then when are you going to turn up.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If Morocco win it will be a victory for dull defensive football. Croatia for me due to knocking out dancing Brazil and having a population of only 4 million people.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Morocco all day long as the under dog. If it ends up Argentina v France I will on this occasion be cheering on the Argies simply because of Macca :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here