Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you blame for the late equaliser today?

Who is to blame?

• The referee - played too much stoppage time

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Ashley Barnes - embarrassingly wasteful

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • Our defence - caught napping at the end

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Gus - should have taken Barnes off a lot sooner

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • It was just bad luck

Votes: 16 15.7%

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He did miss the most CLEAR chances I'm afraid, the pen which was poor and the follow up that were woeful.

The stats show the TOTAL shots, now if you are going to compare Orlandi having two great shots from distance one of which went narrowly wide and the other which hit the post then you are plain wrong.

You have used stats to make it look like Barnes was equally guilty when the quality of his chances show how bad he was.

Like I said CMS and Orlandi both had a chance which they should have buried and CMS should have done better when Barnes had an airshot but Barnes was far the worst culprit yesterday and no amount of stats can prove otherwise

The penalty was one of those were if the keeper goes the other way it's a good pen, the follow up was over thought, but woeful is, imo, overstating it (Bogdan had got to his knees before barnes got to the follow up, and was already preparing to dive back across goal so barnes hit the shot where bogdan was diving away from rather than where he was diving to).

1- CMS headed against the crossbar from close range
2- then for the follow up seemed stuck in place,
3- he followed up the pen with barnes and took the third shot from that sequence that was deflected wide when Bogdan was on the floor, if he'd lifted it he could have scored.
4- Then there's also his failure to do anything with the ball that barnes air shot at.

For me, Orlandi's from inside the box unmarked, clear on goal side footing tamely at bogdan was as bad as the pen follow ups.

CMS had, imo, as many good chances he "should" score from as Barnes, and Orlandi had a miss as bad as Barnes' worst. As such, even ignoring stats, I still think the blame for our failure to score more should be shared.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Gus f*** up... Should of kept 4-4-2 , never should go defensive may be if 2-0 up..

Just swapped dobbie for Barnes and played same game, soon as we went defensive they pushed up and had more chances then ever!

Spot on, Why do we need to spend the last 5 to 10 minutes camped in our penalty area, invariably leads to a goal.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus f*** up... Should of kept 4-4-2 , never should go defensive may be if 2-0 up..

Just swapped dobbie for Barnes and played same game, soon as we went defensive they pushed up and had more chances then ever!

Spot on, Why do we need to spend the last 5 to 10 minutes camped in our penalty area, invariably leads to a goal.

Dobbie can't defend like Barnes. Barnes didn't start at Wolves and we shipped 3 goals not one. That's why Barnes starts week in and week out.

Mar 10, 2006
Personally I'm coming to the conclusion that cms is as inefectual as Barnes in the penalty area. Beats me that people slag off Barnes non stop and yet think that the sun shines out of cms' backside. As mentioned on another thread we won't get out of this league with these two as our strikers,neither are ruthless enough at this level. Look at the teams who've taken 1 or more points from us at the amex and they only need one chance to score whereas we need a dozen or so. Sorry to those who don't like it but neither are going to score goals consistantly for us at this level. Been hearing for the last year or so that it's only a matter of time till cms starts hitting the net regularly cos he's learning how we play etc etc. Sorry not good enough.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Poyet. Play CMS, Hoskins & Dobbie and put Toby on the bench, you moaned all last season about the subs being down to 5 and not being able to put any up and coming players on the bench. Now we have 7 subs again we have seen nothing of him or any younger ones being given a chance

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The team are totally to blame as a unit as it is a basic football tactic when running down the clock with seconds to go hit row z behind the opponents goal or near their penalty area.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Barnes. If anything goes wrong during a game the default answer is always Barnes, even if he's out injured.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I blame Crofts. If he hadn't stupidly run offside down by the corner flag we'd have wasted the 15 seconds required not to concede...

... Of course, I don't really. Just making the point that you can highlight a mistake by any player and use it to make them a scapegoat. Why people feel the need to, I don't really understand. It's a team game and, as a team, we didn't stick the ball in the net twice. This 'blame' someone mentality seems to pervade the whole of society nowadays..... It's pretty depressing.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I blame Crofts. If he hadn't stupidly run offside down by the corner flag we'd have wasted the 15 seconds required not to concede...

... Of course, I don't really. Just making the point that you can highlight a mistake by any player and use it to make them a scapegoat. Why people feel the need to, I don't really understand. It's a team game and, as a team, we didn't stick the ball in the net twice. This 'blame' someone mentality seems to pervade the whole of society nowadays..... It's pretty depressing.

Careful true u will be called deluded

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
People say Barnes but that's absolutely pathetic.

If he scored then the game would've been different and Bruno wouldn't have had the chance that he did when he scored.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thatcher

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I blame me. I went down to the loo in the last 30 seconds or so, so HovaBoy wouldn't have to wait around for me after the match, and, whadya know, Notlob SCORED! If only I'd stayed on my ESU seat . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here