Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which match will YOU be going to on NATIONAL FALMER DAY Saturday 6 March?

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
Lord B - I have now replied to you email and I have PM'd The Mole so we can sort out arrangements.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Really unsure that I'll be able to attend the Cambridge game now. Just been made captain for the local side and it's doubtful the game will be called off.

However there are many Falmer posters around my school and I'm giving out leaflets for the kids to take home. One parent even got a letter back from Prescott, so the word is spreading.

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
ok change of plan, me and grouse are now going to the oxford game with hilton, got the leaflets to hand out

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
sea_y2k said:
ok change of plan, me and grouse are now going to the oxford game with hilton, got the leaflets to hand out

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Sent a PM to Grouse to see if you two wanted a lift :lolol:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Torquay Chairman Mike Bateson has ok'd it for me and Bhaexpress to visit.:clap: :clap: :clap:
Informing his Senior Steward.Hope that isn't to bad.:lolol: :lolol:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
For what it's worth, a Brighton-based Pompey fan I know is supporting (Inter)National Falmer Day. He won't be at Fratton Park on Saturday due to a long-planned holiday but he has taken a load of Falmer leaflets with him and promised to distribute them at the venue where he'll be watching the game: "the world's most famous football pub", Nevada Smiths in New York. http://www.nevadasmiths.net/

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Lush said:
Will someone please tell me!!!!! Do the Safety Officers at the Clubs know that we are coming??? Or just the Press Officers? Do I have to get in touch myself???

From my experience speaking to Gillingham :angry: :angry: and Colchester :clap: :clap: the safety officers don't know we are coming.

I would give him a ring to ok it with them. The risk, of course is that they will say no (as at Gillingham) and you are buggered (so to speak :blush: ) But I think it's better to clear it, so there will be no problems on the day.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i can do kingstonian or palace?

i think that we should get more of us at the palace reading game!

Safety Officers etc:-

I think it is unlikely that there will be any problem with distributing leaflets. It may be sensible to speak with the Head Steward when you arrive (he can usually be contacted easily - just ask any steward). Tell him that you are distributing leaflets, as part of the Falmer Campaign, which is supported by his football club. Hopefully the Matchday Programme will include an item about National Falmer Day. Buy one and show him the article. If any problem arises, ask the Head Steward if he can contact someone from the Football Club to resolve it.

Promise not to cause any problems or get in anyone's way. What you are doing is not very different from what fanzine sellers do (unannounced) at football grounds every Saturday. I've never had any problems selling fanzines at away fixtures.

Contact has been made with all Clubs. We are assuming that, by Saturday, the Clubs will have told their own Safety Officer that this event is happening. Hopefully this will have filtered further down the line. All football clubs have a system that includes briefing Stewards before every game.

If they don't know that you are coming, and are bothered by this, explain that the Albion have been in contact and there must have been a breakdown in the home Club's own communication system. If there are any problems, my experience is that you will always get a sympathetic hearing from anyone to whom you utter the magic words "Isn't it terrible how you never get told about this sort of thing?".

A few Clubs have asked for the Falmer Campaigners to make contact with individuals at the home club. Where this is the case, I have PM'd people with the details. In every case so far, this has been to facilitate red carpet treatment for the Albion's visiting supporters.

If anyone is still concerned, please PM me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Superwife and I will be at AFC Wimbledon v Cobham

With a load of blank letters, clipboards and a banner

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
I am once again trying to get the Western Daily Press interested in covering Falmer (in this case, NFD). The matches in the West Country on Sat are:

Cheltenham v Lincoln
Torquay v Carlisle
Swindon v Brentford

All of which are covered, but

Bristol Rovers v Southend is STILL not taken care of.

Surely one of the half-dozen or so residents of Bristol who frequent NSC can get down there?

If we can't get that game covered, then the (Bristol-based) WDP will not be interested.

Lucifer

Mar 3, 2004
I have been e-mailing the son of a woman I work with - he set up one of the Bury websites. I was explaining what we were up to this weekend. He was pretty clued up and was aware of most of it. I also explained why we needed Falmer and couldn't continue at Withdean.

I have pasted his response below. It's beers in the Bury FC club about half past one on Saturday. Bit remiss of me not to ask what cask ales are sold so please forgive me for the oversight.

See you there along with Padders and The Mole

Lucifer

Thanks for your email which I read with interest, I
was aware you were planning to email me yes.

I have seen a fair amount of publicity for your
campaign both on the internet and on the television,
through online petitions (one of which I have signed
already, as have a considerable number of Bury fans
who use the internet) and also your march on London a
few weeks ago.

Indeed, there have been several Brighton fans who have
posted links on the message board of our official
website urging fans to write to John Prescott, and I
now believe there is also a postcard campaign as
well!Your planned visits to the different games this
weekend across the country was also the main story on
the Bury website yesterday!

I shall certainly urge as many people as possible to
sign the petitions etc. We can usually be found in the
social club at the ground from around 130 onwards on a
match day so feel free to pop in for a pre match pint
if you have time - you already appear to have an
fairly accurate description of me!

I would advise you to sit either in the Cemetry End
behind the goal (£12 - half decent atmosphere + within
camera shot if you have any banners etc you want to
get on the TV) or in the South Stand where we sit (£14
- side view, more people but little atmosphere unless
we take offence to the linesman or referee!) Try to
avoid the Main stand however as personally I'm not a
fan of the view.

You'll be extremely lucky to find your sponsored
seats, its been two years now and we're still hunting
for ours. There is a spreadsheet available on
www.foreverbury.co.uk where you can look your seat up
but apparently its only something like 75% finished.

Finally, as we do seem to be pretty much up and down
perfomance wise this season I'd advise you to bring a
good book just in case!It's pretty much a write off
season until we have a good clear out and appoint our
new manager in the close season - hopefully not a
complete clown unlike the last two, Warn*ck and
Preece, but we can play some decent stuff at times and
there's always the exorcet missile throw-ins from Dave
Challinor to keep you entertained!

Anyway, hope all that helps - let me know if you want
to know anything else. Possibly see you on Saturday -
good luck with your campaign!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
For those going to Bognor - we are officially invited, so see you there !

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Got an old friend joining us at the Berwick v Hamilton game who is a Hibs fan but also the most senior journalist (ie he has been there the longest!!!) at The Scotsman (Scotland's national broadsheet daily) so am now promising him all kind of goodies (whisky, women etc) to give us good coverage either on Saturday or Monday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here