Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where should we strengthen?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Give me strength.

I'd have Stockdale ahead of Kusczack all day long. Better all round keeper for sure. But...but...in the last few games I have started to feel more nervous on corners and free kicks. he just doesn't seem to have the confidence to dominate the box with high balls coming in. I am sure he used to be better at that and it has shifted a bit recently. Maybe something to do with having two very tall central defenders and feeling he should let them deal with things more? Hopefully it will get sorted.

That was certainly an aspect of Kusczacks game that I recall being very reassuring. Before he booted it out at a 45 defgree angle into the stands.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think Liam is a better left back then Bong; when Bong gets found out for speed or movement he tends to get found out for the rest of the game and finds it difficult to make adjustments. Liam on the other hand will adapt very quickly to what's needed in a game. For me he's a better choice.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd have Stockdale ahead of Kusczack all day long. Better all round keeper for sure. But...but...in the last few games I have started to feel more nervous on corners and free kicks. he just doesn't seem to have the confidence to dominate the box with high balls coming in. I am sure he used to be better at that and it has shifted a bit recently. Maybe something to do with having two very tall central defenders and feeling he should let them deal with things more? Hopefully it will get sorted.

That was certainly an aspect of Kusczacks game that I recall being very reassuring. Before he booted it out at a 45 defgree angle into the stands.

Agree with eveything you say including stockdale taking less crosses this season. (I can only think it's tactical since the arrival of Duffy) BUT PIG never left his goalline. A certain bearded gentlemen had more success with crosses than Thomas

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A certain bearded gentlemen had more success with crosses than Thomas

Rick Jones from Fingerbobs?

yoffy.jpg

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We won't be reducing numbers so

IN Striker OUT Elvis
IN Striker OUT LuaLua ( loan / sell )
IN Midfielder OUT Towell ( loan )
IN Midfielder OUT Ince ( court )

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Norwood did an EXCELLENT job when he came on against Villa. We retained the ball far more effectively from then on.

When Danny Holla made Norwood look good in the FL trophy games you know you have problems.

Now you are being utterly ridiculous. Gardner, as we should expect from his time here, had absolutely zero influence on the game. He is the reason that Villa failed to dominate the centre of midfield, despite having an extra player.

Ah yes that was when Villa had the flurry of corners I seem to recall. Norwood only looked "good" because Dale was having a shocker by his own high standards.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Seriously - this is ridiculous. Stockdale has conceded TEN goals in SIXTEEN games. What on earth would a keeper need to do to be considered 'consistent'? (Graeme Smith was CONSISTENT btw.)

Like the comment above about the 'many costly errors' that he supposedly makes. There can't be THAT many can there, if we've only let ten goals in, even if ALL ten were somehow his fault (they weren't).

Derby - 0
Forest - 0
Reading - 2, one of which he WAS culpable for - the free kick.
Newcastle - 2. I actually have him partially at fault for both. the header was from a long way out, and he was flat footed. The wall was poorly positioned for the (pretty good) free kick.
Brentford - 2. Two good finishes. If you were harsh, you could look at his angles for the first.
Huddersfield - 0
Burton - 0
Barnsley - 0
Ipswich - 0
Wednesday - 1. Scored on the follow up after a great save. No blame.
Preston - 2. Shares the blame with Bruno for the first. Blameless for the second, where Duffy lost the header.
Wolves - 0
Wigan - 0
Norwich - 0
Bristol - 0
Villa - 1. Almost made a decent save, but having got down would have expected to keep it out.

If you conducted the same kind of analysis for every other club, their keepers would suffer by comparison. McGovern made as many clear errors in one game at the Amex as Stockdale has made this season.

Every supporter of just about every Championship club, would bite your hand off if offered a swap with their first choice. Only Reading and Newcastle would even stop to think about it.

The other thing to mention, which others have (and I'm sure you won't dispute -- but certain people perhaps will), is that Stockdale is top drawer in terms of team spirit. We've got a fair few leaders in that team, and he's certainly one of the most important, which all contributes to that intangible that has come together under CH.

PS I especially agree about the positioning of the wall for that Newcastle free kick. I don't think Stockdale would disagree with any of what you've enumerated here, for the simple reason (that a few people on here don't seem to understand) that he's got exceptionally high standards, because he's a great Championship keeper.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Given that Gillingham aren't challenging, I think we'll go back in for Dack and that will be about it.

No point swelling the squad when we don't know what division we'll be in next season. Unless we get offered someone of premier league quality, I think we'll stick with what we have.

Could be a couple if loans if the deal is right.

I saw dack last week in their reply with brackley. He was overweight and did not look good enough to get in the brackley side and they are national league north.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Judging by a couple of posts at the beginning of the thread someone's Mum and a Gran

Difficult to call, that. The mum might have more pace and finishing ability, but I'd reckon the gran would counter that with nous, reading of the game and the knack of being in the right place at the right time, a la Guy Butters. The gran gets it for me - get her in.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Difficult to call, that. The mum might have more pace and finishing ability, but I'd reckon the gran would counter that with nous, reading of the game and the knack of being in the right place at the right time, a la Guy Butters. The gran gets it for me - get her in.

Good idea and maybe have matching hair colour :moo:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I saw dack last week in their reply with brackley. He was overweight and did not look good enough to get in the brackley side and they are national league north.

Fair enough, he looked decent at the start of the season, could be that Gillingham's decline has coincided with his level dropping. If he can't be bothered to dig in when needed he won't be the player we need. Thanks for the update.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
If that is true I would be all over it.

Agreed but i can see them wanting a stupid amount for him! - the report also said Derby, Norwich and Reading interested. - Can't see Derby buying another striker, Norwich fans don't seem to think the club will put their hand in their pockets given the current situation and can Reading really afford him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here