Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where should we strengthen?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It could be a really fun game, because that's all it is, if the participants weren't so boring about it.

It's like only ever playing noughts and crosses while on holiday in Disneyland.

I'm all for enjoying posters suggestions, as daft as I think some might be. That's what NSC is all about, including taking the pizz and receiving it too.
But I believe that in buying anything, it's good to know all about it, that's where we are at a disadvantage. PW will have everything important at his disposal i.e medical condition, salary, disposition, expected salary ...Cost and Budget......We sadly know bugger all. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm all for enjoying posters suggestions, as daft as I think some might be. That's what NSC is all about, including taking the pizz and receiving it too.
But I believe that in buying anything, it's good to know all about it, that's where we are at a disadvantage. PW will have everything important at his disposal i.e medical condition, salary, disposition, expected salary ...Cost and Budget......We sadly know bugger all. :)
That's my point, we know nothing so with an entire planet of football to paw over, why just say Rhodes a bazillion times?

I'm not the only ignorant poster who sees a thread entitled François Fillon and instantly thinks 'oooh exciting, who does he play for?'.
Hardly the response you'll get with Nugent.

And all that's before my actual pet hate that is the clamour for former players. :shootself:

The thread with the impractical former Arsenal player was at least fun, a bit of YouTube all that sort of stuff.

Anyhoo I'm done now I know it's a pointless rant.
I might have a look to see who's scoring all the goals in Scandinavian at the moment, later on. :thumbsup:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was said this time last season that if we signed a similar player to Murray like Rhodes or Nugent we would get promoted but it is so easy to be wise in hindsight. I do not think that TB will make the same mistake again and expect a goalscorer to add a few will arrive and wouldnt bet against it being on the same principal as Middlesbro signed Rhodes ie to score enough goals for promotion and then put him on the market for somebody else to do the same.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Barber seems pretty upbeat about the January window and reinforced the message that there will be no stars available for sale.

:albion2:

Also we won't be just adding numbers so it looks like for any IN there will also be an OUT.

My guess now :

Striker IN, Elvis OUT
Midfielder IN, Towell LOAN OUT.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I would keep the entire squad and not sell anybody, not even Manu, Ince or Towell.

I'm not sure FFP will allow us to splash out enough to improve the first team. If I don't expect us to sign anybody, I would more likely to be in for a pleasant surprise and I see it more likely our existing players will improve.

I do see aspects of our play that could improve. Keeping hold of the ball when we are defending a shallow lead. A goal scoring speed merchant to run of the shoulder of the last defender or into space and as an outlet under pressure (too many balls to space with no one there) and to discourage opposing full backs form venturing forward. More goals from our midfielders etc.

In short our summer recruitment was as best we could get. (Oliver Burke was probably out of our price range.)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I agree with you there Marshy, never saw him have a bad game, he was Mr consistent, I would take him any day over Bong.
Dont get me wrong, Bong on his day is a very good defender, but his performances are very up and down.

I like Stephen Ward but not his performance for Burnley against the Baggies.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
This January is the final roll of the dice !......We will not IMO keep some of our best players if we fail !.....Exciting times !.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here