Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

where should we strengthen?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He must be on a hefty wage... cant really see Bmuff giving up on him just yet, still young and will improve as much as I would like him.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
I feel it would be a big mistake to let Kaz go out on loan/sell him. He is a very special impact player who can still change a game from the bench. During the window, I would like to see a replacement/competition for Baldock (maybe Afobe fits the bill) and the only one I would sell/loan is Manu and Ince. I would keep Towell here.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Could we go after David Nugent on loan from Middlesbro he has only made 5 appearances for them this season and is a proven goalscorer at this level.

Its a better shout and one I discussed with my brother last week, he is very Baldock like in terms of style and what he would give the team.

I dont know why but I am hoping for better though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I feel it would be a big mistake to let Kaz go out on loan/sell him. He is a very special impact player who can still change a game from the bench. During the window, I would like to see a replacement/competition for Baldock (maybe Afobe fits the bill) and the only one I would sell/loan is Manu and Ince. I would keep Towell here.
That looks like two to me - or are you advocating selling them as a package deal, BOGOF or something? Either way, big queue of potential buyers, is there?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
That looks like two to me - or are you advocating selling them as a package deal, BOGOF or something? Either way, big queue of potential buyers, is there?

I reckon there'd be a few clubs after Ince, and just lump Manu in there too. Sure, it might lower the fee a bit, but he'd be gone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon there'd be a few clubs after Ince, and just lump Manu in there too. Sure, it might lower the fee a bit, but he'd be gone.
They'd best get Ince in early in the window then given he is up in court in February.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its a better shout and one I discussed with my brother last week, he is very Baldock like in terms of style and what he would give the team.

I dont know why but I am hoping for better though.
If after well over 18 months of searching for one specific player with specific attributes, the recruitment team came back and said:-

'The player we need is David Nugent'.

They'd be on the naughty step for so long their arse groove would be indented in the carpet..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If after well over 18 months of searching for one specific player with specific attributes, the recruitment team came back and said:-

'The player we need is David Nugent'.

They'd be on the naughty step for so long their arse groove would be indented in the carpet..

He could be an option B if like with Pritchard we missed out for whatever reason.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amended for you

Worryingly he's only half way through the alphabet having already removed all the footballers names he's not heard of or seen play.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am waiting for all the experts on here to come up with the name of a player with better proven pedigree in this division that could be an affordable loan signing. Nugent and Rhodes head the list of possible loan signings who could be available and are proven goalscorers in this division.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I am waiting for all the experts on here to come up with the name of a player with better proven pedigree in this division that could be an affordable loan signing. Nugent and Rhodes head the list of possible loan signings who could be available and are proven goalscorers in this division.

This is the problem...are there any? I'd sooner leave it to Paul Winstanley and the clubs experts, rather than dribble over any players that might have played well against us at one time or another.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is the problem...are there any? I'd sooner leave it to Paul Winstanley and the clubs experts, rather than dribble over any players that might have played well against us at one time or another.

Some of those quoted are totally unrealistic but it is still great fun making suggestions and discussing the pros and cons of players.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Has he proved himself to be a better goalscorer in the Championship than Nugent or Rhodes. I wouldnt think that he has and as a long term signing would probably be better but not so sure as a short term loan to get us promoted.

No but we don't need a Nugent or Rhodes. We've proven you can't play Murray and Hemed. Nugent/Rhodes are the same type of player.

Although he maye be a big lad, Afobe is more like Baldock in the sense he likes playing in behind a CF and running on to balls rather than having it played to his feet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It could be a really fun game, because that's all it is, if the participants weren't so boring about it.

It's like only ever playing noughts and crosses while on holiday in Disneyland.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Both Nugent and Rhodes excel at being the 2nd striker helping the main man, so I think that either would adopt the Baldock role but also chip in with some goals themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here