Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
All he’s saying is that his situation was complicated back in Ecuador. Doesn’t really say anything about current reps! Or have I missed something?

He said "it would be a good working assumption for journalists not to presume they are being briefed in good faith; and what the player himself wants may not be the only consideration."

Essentially saying his agent might be working to his own agenda.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I will never defend agents. I detest the leeches.
They take money out of football and give nothing back.
I'm certainly against these agents, but I think agents in general are probably important, especially for young players that have no idea about contracts or what they are truly worth. I think players do need representation.

The problem isn't agents, it's bad, greedy agents that aren't putting their clients best interests first. This is really an issue that the global football community needs to address. Stricter professional rules for who can be an agent and what they can and can't do. Rules with proper teeth that will ban bad agents permanently when they mislead and misbehave.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Next NS banner ?
Care needs to be taken when phoning that one through to the printers: "No, listen properly mate, I said 'Our souls' "

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm certainly against these agents, but I think agents in general are probably important, especially for young players that have no idea about contracts or what they are truly worth. I think players do need representation.

The problem isn't agents, it's bad, greedy agents that aren't putting their clients best interests first. This is really an issue that the global football community needs to address. Stricter professional rules for who can be an agent and what they can and can't do. Rules with proper teeth that will ban bad agents permanently when they mislead and misbehave.
I agree. The PFA could have a list of 'approved' agents for players to choose from although some players use their Dads, who seem to do fairly well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Right. I have come up with a solution for all parties.
Liverpool give us £37m and he can play in the domestic cups for them
Chelsea give us £37m and he can play in the PL for them from November to March
And we keep him for Europa league and PL aug-nov and April-May.

£300k a week with Liverpool and chelsea paying £125k each.

Then he can join Real next summer for £250m (of which we get our £111m and Chelsea Liverpool each get 69.5m) when he’s won the PL, both domestic cups and the Europa league all in one season.
Sorted.

I mean it’s as feasible as any other transfer option right now.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
He said "it would be a good working assumption for journalists not to presume they are being briefed in good faith; and what the player himself wants may not be the only consideration."

Essentially saying his agent might be working to his own agenda.
The article's from 30 months ago, before he left Ecuador, and remains spot-on. Agents everywhere looking for a slice. Plus ca change Rodders, plus ca change.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Right. I have come up with a solution for all parties.
Liverpool give us £37m and he can play in the domestic cups for them
Chelsea give us £37m and he can play in the PL for them from November to March
And we keep him for Europa league and PL aug-nov and April-May.

£300k a week with Liverpool and chelsea paying £125k each.

Then he can join Real next summer for £250m (of which we get our £111m and Chelsea Liverpool each get 69.5m) when he’s won the PL, both domestic cups and the Europa league all in one season.
Sorted.

I mean it’s as feasible as any other transfer option right now.
Which side would be be in for his photo in the sticker albums?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here