[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I will never defend agents. I detest the leeches.
They take money out of football and give nothing back.
Speaking from a position of knowledge, I promise you it's not all of them. There are a number of really good ones who work incredibly hard for their clients, looking after young, naive kids and their families from poor and uneducated backgrounds who rely on the agents so they're not taken advantage of. A lot of football clubs treat players who are young kids most of the time, really badly and they need agents to look out for them.

Unfortunately in the media we just hear about the agents who are making millions but most are doing a good job for a relatively modest income. Like all industries, you get good and bad and in this case, Caicedo has clearly got a shocker unfortunately.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Miguel Delaney saying Chelsea will look to offer players to get over price impasse.

If only there was a player at Chelsea we wanted….
To be fair, they've got a fair few to choose from :lolol:

Lukaku, Colwill and the ex-Palace fella, just for the LOLz :thumbsup: Cheers Chelsea Todd.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
£75m and Colwill.
No loan, no over paid charlies no offer.
Take it or leave it.
If not, he’s a Red.
Add an extra £20m and now you're talking.

Hope they don't try and sneak Poundland Sideshow Bob into the mix.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Miguel Delaney saying Chelsea will look to offer players to get over price impasse.

If only there was a player at Chelsea we wanted….
On the Chelsea fan Twitter / X Space I was listening to in the wee early hours, one of the seemingly well-connected speakers suggested only very recently, Chelsea had spoken to us about offering Conor Gallagher and/or Trevor Chalonbah as deal makeweights.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
You don’t know that he has yet ….

We don’t know the midnight deadline for bidding was set in stone…

We dont know whether Liverpool’s offer included terms or enough add ons that was acceptable to the player or whether these need to be further negotiated …

We don’t know whether Moises/his agents are making noises about wanting Chelsea to drive better terms with Liverpool …

We don’t know if Brighton agreeing a transfer fee with Liverpool is anywhere close to a deal being made …

It’s all a game of transfer poker with our Chairman holding the strongest hand of that I’m sure …

Just want Moises to piss off now asap - we don’t want this dragging into our opening match of the season
Of course we do would of been done by now

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Speaking from a position of knowledge, I promise you it's not all of them. There are a number of really good ones who work incredibly hard for their clients, looking after young, naive kids and their families from poor and uneducated backgrounds who rely on the agents so they're not taken advantage of. A lot of football clubs treat players who are young kids most of the time, really badly and they need agents to look out for them.

Unfortunately in the media we just hear about the agents who are making millions but most are doing a good job for a relatively modest income. Like all industries, you get good and bad and in this case, Caicedo has clearly got a shocker unfortunately.
I once sat next to an agent at a sportsmen's dinner and he completed changed my opinion of the value of the job they do. He was explaining to me that without them you get exited youngsters signing contracts that are heavily weighted against them. Even players in their 20s and 30s are relatively young in terms of life experience, and certainly don't have the level of law and accountancy expertise needed to understand their contracts and tax affairs.

Like you say, we generally only hear about the shysters who represent players like Moises and have $$$ in their eyes.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I once sat next to an agent at a sportsmen's dinner and he completed changed my opinion of the value of the job they do. He was explaining to me that without them you get exited youngsters signing contracts that are heavily weighted against them. Even players in their 20s and 30s are relatively young in terms of life experience, and certainly the level of law and accountancy needed to understand their contracts and tax affairs.

Like you say, we generally only hear about the shysters who represent players like Moises and have $$$ in their eyes.
Yep.

I've got friends/clients who are ex pro's in their late 30's/early 40's who should be financially set for life now but are not at all and in some cases in quite a lot of debt because they were taken advantage of and made stupid investments/property purchases when they were young and are still paying for it now. A couple of them have become agents now to try and help the future generations so they don't have to go through what they did, not because they are motivated by greed.

I do think it gets forgotten at times that most young pro's have no clue whatsoever about finances or life in general, they come from under privileged backgrounds a lot of the time and in some cases, their families can be a bad influence too if they just see $$$. Agents can be a god send in these circumstances.

It's just a shame Moises seems to have been taken advantage of and used as a cash cow by agents/clubs etc for years.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep.

I've got friends/clients who are ex pro's in their late 30's/early 40's who should be financially set for life now but are not at all and in some cases in quite a lot of debt because they were taken advantage of and made stupid investments/property purchases when they were young and are still paying for it now. A couple of them have become agents now to try and help the future generations so they don't have to go through what they did, not because they are motivated by greed.

I do think it gets forgotten at times that most young pro's have no clue whatsoever about finances or life in general, they come from under privileged backgrounds a lot of the time and in some cases, their families can be a bad influence too if they just see $$$. Agents can be a god send in these circumstances.

It's just a shame Moises seems to have been taken advantage of and used as a cash cow by agents/clubs etc for years.
As Alan Smith says he was chuffed negotiating his own deal at Arsenal £40k a year when it was all signed and sealed they said they had expected to pay him £60-70k 🤣

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep.

Seems to me you are giving him Caceido a free pass
Fed up with all this nonsense now.
I don't care where he ends up, I wish he would just f*** off.
indeed and wish people would stop with the free hall pass for the lad, he’s a mercenary footballer who gives exactly two fucks about us. My Brighton family yeah ok Moises.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

What’s next in this series? How B2L landlords are a benefit to society? Adolf Hitler, he’s alright just a little misunderstood?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports