Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Avoided thread for all of 12 hours and another 5 pages and 3 more rumours

Painful
Very painful stuff.

Luckily Bloom and Barber will be ignoring it all and just focusing on any actual bid.

I'll check back on this thread tomorrow I think but won't read any posts from today when I do ( unless the thread title updates ).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So is the likely eventuality going to be that it all goes through on the last day of the window and we don't end up with a replacement 🤔
Zero chance of that.

We won't sell ( unless for astronomical sums - £250 million ?) on deadline day if we don't have a prior-signed replacement.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
What makes it more likely than not? Have I missed something?
Well, I wouldn’t bet my house on him staying. It’s a fact he’s unsettled, we know that much, otherwise he’d be gearing up for Saturday. And we’re dealing with a suitor who chucks money about and has a new high profile manager to keep happy. So is it 51%-49% that they’ll find the money? Seems possible to me.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
I’d love the new Chelsea mouthpiece the Guardian to be wrong …. that this will complete and Caicedo will start at the weekend.

Until now I thought all the broadsheets football sections were incredibly accurate on transfer news, very clearly separating that from a chatty relaying of rumours.
Jacob Steinberg has consistently parroted the Chelsea line, I’d not noticed before they (Chelsea) started to move for our players. I’d take anything he writes with a large dose of Chelsea flavoured salt.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For the first time I’m inclined to give in. I like facts. I must be the only nsc’er who doesn’t follow Romano or Jacobs on twatter.

View attachment 164684
You don’t have to follow them. It’s possible to do a search with the #bhafc for news.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Zero chance of that.

We won't sell ( unless for astronomical sums - £250 million ?) on deadline day if we don't have a prior-signed replacement.
I'm not so sure, I can only see it going through if we get a loan replacement which isn't ideal.
The clock is ticking and we could be in a position of having money in the bank but no long term replacement.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Is Miguel Delaney trustworthy?

This article is fairly specific. Or is it just guesswork?
He is extremely well connected and yes, he is usually pretty accurate. More of an expert on Spanish football, he appears on the Euro leagues 5 live programme. Looks to me that Moises is nearing the exit door. Real shame. (Hope he stays)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Other than saying Chelsea are trying to unsettle another young player by under bidding there is nothing in that article.
The reporting on this whole thing has been awful and is clearly just people going for click bait rather than any news

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Just ridiculous. Can't remember reading more than 10% of the articles I've read about this, about any other transfer ever, and there's not even a bidding war to justify the absurd amount of words. Its such a simple thing. If Chelsea stump up the clubs valuation he goes. They haven't so far, so he's staying, for now. All this fantasy "in negotiations/discussions/ inching closer/close to an agreement" is all utter BS. Wish all the word warriors would sod off and focus on something else

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I keep checking this thread for updates; the whole thing reminds of the Peter Blackman Stalingrad poem with the refrain of "Stalingrad is still a Soviet town"

Yes, Caicedo is still a Brighton player.

Who's going to win though? Bloom or Friedrich Paulus, er I mean, Todd Boehly :lolol:

Just ridiculous. Can't remember reading more than 10% of the articles I've read about this, about any other transfer ever, and there's not even a bidding war to justify the absurd amount of words. Its such a simple thing. If Chelsea stump up the clubs valuation he goes. They haven't so far, so he's staying, for now. All this fantasy "in negotiations/discussions/ inching closer/close to an agreement" is all utter BS. Wish all the word warriors would sod off and focus on something else
I always think the time clubs supposedly take to prepare a bid is tenuous At best. How long to sit down, agree an increase in purchase price, then send an email?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I always think the time clubs supposedly take to prepare a bid is tenuous At best. How long to sit down, agree an increase in purchase price, then send an email?
Especially as we've been continually told that personal terms are agreed.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If chelsea have bid £48m for the saints lad the Reds have been wasting their time on are they still going to be in for Moises? The pair would cost them £150m plus wages etc and Shirley even they would struggle to justify that to FFP?
The Reds loss could be Brighton’s gain unless cfc are forcing Liverpool to cough up the £50m leaving them free to make the £100m bid….
Got to love this time of the year.
FFP has NO relevance. No one takes it seriously as anyone bending the rules will just cop a small fine. Essentially clubs like Chelsea can do what they want without restriction. No one in authority has the balls to deduct them points for FFP failures so the current behaviour will just continue.

Sadly we just have to accept that's the way it is.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Another 40 million spent for Chelsea and I thought you could only have 22 in a squad …is there a rule that Chelsea can have 222?

And a 7 year contract possible ext to 2030!!

Personally never heard of the player or his position

Edit
18 years old foward and played 9 (nine) senior games he also signed a new contract recently till 2026 now worth 40 million??

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For the first time I’m inclined to give in. I like facts. I must be the only nsc’er who doesn’t follow Romano or Jacobs on twatter.

View attachment 164684
I blocked both of them, it’s amazing how much it improved the experience and I wasn’t interested in either of them or their moronic sycophants

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Another 40 million spent for Chelsea and I thought you could only have 22 in a squad …is there a rule that Chelsea can have 222?

And a 7 year contract possible ext to 2030!!

Personally never heard of the player or his position

Edit
18 years old foward and played 9 (nine) senior games he also signed a new contract recently till 2026 now worth 40 million??

Can’t even spell “David” properly

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I blocked both of them, it’s amazing how much it improved the experience and I wasn’t interested in either of them or their moronic sycophants
Problem is that they have clone / copycat accounts that just recite whatever nonsense they have written and flood the #bhafc, bloody annoying

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here