[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I’d love the new Chelsea mouthpiece the Guardian to be wrong …. that this will complete and Caicedo will start at the weekend.

Until now I thought all the broadsheets football sections were incredibly accurate on transfer news, very clearly separating that from a chatty relaying of rumours.
There are very few people I'd trust on transfer stories. Alex Crook of talkSPORT has been correct more often than most, and that's because he's not afraid to check information and not write stories if he finds his sources are wrong. Most prefer not to check in case their stories are knocked down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You have to laugh at the number of reports that have Brighton and Chelsea spending the summer constantly negotiating, always in touch, always edging towards a deal. The reporters never explain why, every now and again, Chelsea forget what has been discussed in that day's conversation and email over an unacceptable bid that is immediately rejected.

Exactly, I’ve mocked that before. Clickbaiters such as Romano give a false impression of SALT II-esque talks, burning the midnight candle for months on end.

With the clubs miles apart on valuation throughout, shirley the only communication to date has been fortnightly emails from Winstanley with an offer, fairly quickly rejected by Barber. No need for solicitors or finer detail at this stage.

The intervening weeks comprise a drip drip of Chelsea propaganda from Romano’s ilk or simply lies from Romano wannabees.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I totally appreciate what you're saying but I'm looking at this objectively. If this player is as good as Brighton fans say he is (I've heard some say he's a generational talent) then it will be nigh impossible to keep hold of him unless you're paying wages and winning trophies in line with the richest, most successful clubs.

It's not the way we want football to operate, but it's simply systematic of our capitalist society. I'm sure Independente Delle Valle fans didn't want to lose Moises Caicedo either.

Anyway, whether Moises stays with Brighton or leaves for pastures new I wish you well. Enjoy your away days in Europe this season. I'm sure you'll be an excellent side with or without him.
No you're not.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sssssh. Yes he is. He is much better. And half price. 👀
And fat man scoop can get him for a CUT price BARGAIN of only 48m - saving 2M on Southampton’s clear asking price, imagine how many hamburgers that will buy him.

His arteries will be quaking in their boots, the greasy Yankee oaf.

Also if you type Lavia it loves to auto correct to LABIA, what a selling point!! :clap2:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
The Guardian (are they now tabloid gossipy and a voice for London based Chavs?), are saying deals are close for Caicedo and Tyler Adams. Predicting that Caicedo will start for the Chavs v Liverpool.

I’m using this as a litmus test this week on who to trust in future transfer news.

Do they have factual information from the only people that count here? Or have they been swept up in the Chavs/Caicedo’s agents propaganda?
Suppose he also knew that Chelsea were bidding for Lavia tonight? Even the Guardian and that Chelsea mouthpiece Steinberg now are throwing s*** around and seeing where it sticks. They're all paid handsomely for it too with no repercussions for talking bullshit. Nice gig for them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There are very few people I'd trust on transfer stories. Alex Crook of talkSPORT has been correct more often than most, and that's because he's not afraid to check information and not write stories if he finds his sources are wrong. Most prefer not to check in case their stories are knocked down.

Do you rate the Athletic (I don’t subscribe) or DT? I find the DT are accurate …. so much so, there’s a dearth of news :(. You can see why news starved fans turn to clickbaiters, Kaveh and Dharmesh.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Do you rate the Athletic (I don’t subscribe) or DT? I find the DT are accurate …. so much so, there’s a dearth of news :(. You can see why news starved fans turn to clickbaiters, Kaveh and Dharmesh.
Probably because they report actual rumours/as close to facts as known.

In my experience, the athletic don’t publish just for clicks. Note, Naylor hasn’t said anything about MC for ages now because there isn’t anything to actually say.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Todd's trying to make a point, he's trying to get the British Media to change their opinion of him in regards to him being a bumbling idiot who knows nothing about football

Think he's smart but he's never been at the table with TB / PB
The point he is proving is :

Pay the money, get the player ( Cucurella ). Don't pay the money, don't get the player ( Caicedo ).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I totally appreciate what you're saying but I'm looking at this objectively. If this player is as good as Brighton fans say he is (I've heard some say he's a generational talent) then it will be nigh impossible to keep hold of him unless you're paying wages and winning trophies in line with the richest, most successful clubs.

It's not the way we want football to operate, but it's simply systematic of our capitalist society. I'm sure Independente Delle Valle fans didn't want to lose Moises Caicedo either.

Anyway, whether Moises stays with Brighton or leaves for pastures new I wish you well. Enjoy your away days in Europe this season. I'm sure you'll be an excellent side with or without him.
Enjoy your home tie against Wimbledon in the C Cup….obviously it was the magnet that drew those …what 50 signings over the last 12 months? See you (maybe) in the 3rd round when the big boys join in 😂

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If we have to accept that Caicedo will leave - which at this point looks more likely than not- I’d love it if Liverpool now swooped in and outbid Chelsea first time to get the deal done. Make them pay for all their dicking about.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Probably because they report actual rumours/as close to facts as known.

In my experience, the athletic don’t publish just for clicks. Note, Naylor hasn’t said anything about MC for ages now because there isn’t anything to actually say.

For the first time I’m inclined to give in. I like facts. I must be the only nsc’er who doesn’t follow Romano or Jacobs on twatter.

IMG_0274.png

SeaGullBum

Aug 4, 2023
Their massive Target supposedly, but go and bang £50m on someone much less proven in this league?

Has Todd Fallen to TB, I think so tbh

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we have to accept that Caicedo will leave - which at this point looks more likely than not- I’d love it if Liverpool now swooped in and outbid Chelsea first time to get the deal done. Make them pay for all their dicking about.
I'd love it even more if Liverpool came in and offered £1 less than Chelsea - and got the deal done straightaway. The frantic and outraged outpourings of angst and fury from west London would surely be more fun than a couple if £M more!
It would be a better deal for young Moises too. European football, a proper big club, and a link up with his old mate Mac Allister too.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
For the first time I’m inclined to give in. I like facts. I must be the only nsc’er who doesn’t follow Romano or Jacobs on twatter.

View attachment 164684
Nope, I’m not on Twitter and can’t stand transfer speculation rubbish, find it all incredibly dull, so I don’t either 👍

Makes me laugh how much Romano is supposedly hated on here and yet brought up on every other post though!

Definitely recommend subscribing to The Athletic though don’t get your hopes up for anything inspiring from Naylor!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports