[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Jason Steele interview (from yesterday ?) playing out on Sky Sports News this morning asked about Moises.
Says he didn’t know anything but …
“All I know is He’s been training hard, every day as if nothing has been going on”
But but but Twitter told me he was on strike and I shouldn’t believe the club …

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Guardian (are they now tabloid gossipy and a voice for London based Chavs?), are saying deals are close for Caicedo and Tyler Adams. Predicting that Caicedo will start for the Chavs v Liverpool.

I’m using this as a litmus test this week on who to trust in future transfer news.

Do they have factual information from the only people that count here? Or have they been swept up in the Chavs/Caicedo’s agents propaganda?

The Guardian piece is here. It's slightly more bullish if you're a Chelsea fan but not much. And they don't "predict" that he will start this weekend for Chelsea but more cautiously say Chelsea "hope" he will . Well fancy that.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Jason Steele interview (from yesterday ?) playing out on Sky Sports News this morning asked about Moises.
Says he didn’t know anything but …
“All I know is He’s been training hard, every day as if nothing has been going on”
Interesting.

He didn't seem to be at the media day yesterday. 100% the club would have put a pic of him up if he had been.

The plot thickens.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I note that they’ve only offer £48m including add ons. If they want him, why not pay the £50m?

Bohley seems to have to have a reduction on price to be able to secure a deal. absolute helmet.

Interesting.

He didn't seem to be at the media day yesterday. 100% the club would have put a pic of him up if he had been.

The plot thickens.
Not necessarily, there were not pictures of every player posted yesterday and maybe posting a picture of MC might cause even more noise on SM that the club are now trying to avoid.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Guardian piece is here. It's slightly more bullish if you're a Chelsea fan but not much. And they don't "predict" that he will start this weekend for Chelsea but more cautiously say Chelsea "hope" he will . Well fancy that.

For a broadsheet to state:

“closing in” and “hope to have Caicedo signed in time to face Liverpool on Sunday”

after months of just clickbait types and tabloid hacks posting propaganda from camp Chelsea, imho seemed a seminal moment. I had thought the broadsheets are 100% reliable.

Anyway, I said this was a “litmus test”. If the Chavs sign him this week, then the Guardian passed.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
CHELSEA are just on the wind up Shirley!!!...they keep low balling us and now doing the same to Stains. Soton believed to want 50m, Liverpool bid 45m so Chavs go to 48m! Hope Chelsea go to 50m and get Lavia and sign Adams. Next problem...What to do re Moises, keep him or sell him to Liverpool just to feck off Chelsea for 90m. It would be brilliant but will never happen. Its actually Liverpool apart from us who need him most. Want saga to end so we can move on.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How the F can a team be closing in on a signing when it’s clearly stated no fee agreed with the selling club? Journalists are truly a bizarre sort.

My guess the journo been told that the clubs are speaking and ironing out finer details.

But we have been here this summer already.....

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Interesting.

The plot thickens

Im not sure they would have. The whole debacle is getting a bit too silly, and that sort of stuff likely to wind up Moises as much as anyone else, and possibly the social team have been told not to inflame the situation further.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I suspect our owners would like to keep a player of Caicedo,s ability, but sadly his agents not only disrupt their client, it has a knock-on effect throughout the club. The ability for the coach and recruitment to seek new players is continually disrupted by Caicedo,s " will he or wont he go..? "

What club can forward plan with a major team member acting like this at the last two transfer windows and looks like it will continue for future transfer windows....?

Sometimes....it just isn't worth it.

Pogba was a very similar case at Man Utd.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I suspect our owners would like to keep a player of Caicedo,s ability, but sadly his agents not only disrupt their client, it has a knock-on effect throughout the club. The ability for the coach and recruitment to seek new players is continually disrupted by Caicedo,s " will he or wont he go..? "

What club can forward plan with a major team member acting like this at the last two transfer windows and looks like it will continue for future transfer windows....?

Sometimes....it just isn't worth it.

Pogba was a very similar case at Man Utd.
True but pogba was pretty average at utd. Caicedo is worth the hassle.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Crookie on TS has just said he’s heard from the club that there’s ‘nothing new to report’, then went on to say the Lavia bid is being seen by some as a ploy to ‘spook Tony Bloom - well if it is, it won’t work’.
Are Chelsea reallllly that thick. I somehow doubt it.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Crookie on TS has just said he’s heard from the club that there’s ‘nothing new to report’, then went on to say the Lavia bid is being seen by some as a ploy to ‘spook Tony Bloom - well if it is, it won’t work’.
There does seem to be the assumption that we want to sell, and so it has in fact become a ridiculous game of poker, bluff and counter bluff.

And I think they're right, we do want to sell. TB hasn't cracked yet and must be confident they will eventually call his hand with the £100m bid.

I guess most of us are hoping they call his bluff and walk away, but I can't see it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
How does bidding for another player spook a chairman who doesn’t want to sell theirs? Chelsea can go after Lavia all they want, we would welcome it

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We don’t want to sell him ffs Winstanley :facepalm:
I think we do.... I think they know we do.... They're trying to make us think they'll walk away... We know they're trying to make us think that and not backing down... They know that we know that and are not backing down either.... Moises and millions of fans are all stuck in this eternal game of bluff and counter bluff until eventually one side does what they don't want to do....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports