Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Wow good memory

Heard barber talking tonight. He basically said who is he to stand in the way of a players career progression? He’s moved roles to further his own career.

I think he gets it. As I said in a diff thread are we paying Moises the wage of a £100m player? The answer is no and Brighton won’t force him to stay.
Is it career progression? He wouldn’t be playing European football & there’s no guarantee Chelsea will suddenly be brilliant. It’s bank balance progression. Albion have no moral case to answer. If Moises doesn’t like the money, he shouldn’t have signed a contract to 2027.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Think it’s a fair offer.

He wants to leave.

We refused in jan
We’re refusing again now

Is all a bit uncomfortable.
I’ll spell this out for you.

The price is £100 mill or less than that plus Colwill. What Chelsea have done is the equivalent of offering zero for a £20 mill player (which was our record fee paid until recently).

The people to blame for this are Chelsea who paid over the odds in almost every transfer last season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So he’s on £200k+ pw then?
What?
Sorry Clive but that’s nonsense.
Salary and transfer fee are unrelated and effectively two separate negotiations.

Turning your argument on his head, how about if the agent/player demands 1% of the transfer fee, fairly certain they’d prefer 1% of £80m rather £100m…..

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Is it career progression? He wouldn’t be playing European football & there’s no guarantee Chelsea will suddenly be brilliant. It’s bank balance progression. Albion have no moral case to answer. If Moises doesn’t like the money, he shouldn’t have signed a contract to 2027.
Looking at their squad no guarantee they will get into Europe next season either. Imagine this is part of the discussion we are having with the player if you stay you get a season shining in Europe and will probably attract bigger and better clubs.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Market turned on its head.
Moises now Odds-On to stay put.

IMG_4531.jpeg

Odds courtesy of SkyBet

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Losestanley is really earning his wedge, what with all the insider knowledge he's bringing to this deal.

If Saudi Arabia won't give The Todd an extra £20m perhaps he can make some savings in the recruitment team.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Market turned on its head.
Moises now Odds-On to stay put.

View attachment 164182

Odds courtesy of SkyBet
How far we have come as a club? All those world-famous clubs linked to one of our players, who we've just turned down an £80 million bid for!

To think that in the not too distant past, when we were skint, we'd be scrabbling around for free transfers, last minute loans, or offering to buy a team some new kit and play them in a pre-season friendly in exchange for one of their players.

What a fabulous time to be a Seagulls fan.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I’m not. On the contrary I’m saying that if we aren’t willing to sell him for a penny less than £100m he has every right feel he should be paid a wage that reflects that valuation. Brighton won’t pay those wages. Chelsea will.
I don’t follow this logic. He was happy with the wage offered a few months ago when he knew full well we would be after 100 million this summer. What changed?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Have to say our social media is going overboard on pictures of Caicedo, my Facebook feed is full of them. Thats a very public show to suggest he's staying.

Very much looking like it's Colwill or bust for this deal.
Indeed, also guaranteed way of driving engagement with all the rage clicks a toy throwing from the Chelsea plastics

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This.

The Chelsea Chavs bleating on about their "History", is ignoring their very concerning present.
Before Abramovich they were a minor player.
The lst couple of seasons may have ended with them as World champions, but in retrospect they were clearly at the end of that road.

Boehly has bought peak Chelsea and broken it.
There is absolutely no guarantee that his money will take them back to the top again.

Boehly is up against 2 state run clubs, United and Liverpool and a resurgent Arsenal (with as much backing as them).
UCL is going to be a struggle.

Chelsea is not the destination it once was.
Moises waiting another year, to see how Poch gets on, is the best option for him, IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here