[Albion] Where is Moises going? (Chelsea - 14/08/2023)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where is Moises going?

• Total voters

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
In that article the writer says:

"Chelsea had set a cap on the amount they were willing to spend on Caicedo and were optimistic about getting a deal done for £80 million or below."

Where on earth did they get that idea from?! I've avoided calling them joke/clueless negotiators up to this point, but really!
The current bid needed to be the opening bid what were they smoking with the £60m opening bid!!!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
They will stump up and he will go. Its the very nature of things; don't know why people continually try to push back the tide.
No one is disputing that if they stump he'll go, the club have have said as much. Chelsea on the other hand I have not offered much to suggest that they are remotely interested in stumping up though. If they do not Moises is not going anywhere

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They will stump up and he will go. Its the very nature of things; don't know why people continually try to push back the tide.
Yep but I do think we should tell Chelsea and caciedos reps that if the bid is not high enough by the first game of the season then come back in January.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Honestly if we can hold out one more season the fee could be one of the largest ever.
Sounds like Romeo Lavia may be someone Chelsea would like to consider as a Caicedo-lite, but Liverpool look close to sealing that particular deal.

Assuming Liverpool do get that one over the line, Chelsea's options narrow further and Poch will be moaning to the media about his lack of midfield once again.
great for us. Liverpool are close so Chelsea will have to act now. Either they buy Lavia who seems to be their only alternative before Liverpool do, or they pay the £100m.

Either way, we win.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Aren't there noises that due to FFP constraints they are literally unable to go to £100m? At least not without selling first.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Chelsea have partly created their own difficulties here, by consistently overpaying for the past couple of windows. That has naturally created the belief that they CAN afford £100m, if they want to.

Secondly, Arsenal paying £105m for a player who Caicedo essentially left on the verge of tears not too many months ago has created a further, quite reasonable IMO, viewpoint that we shouldn't be accepting any less from a potential move.

MC signed a new long-term deal within the last few months, with seemingly no release clause or other mechanism for engineering a move, which basically leaves the Albion holding all the cards - especially when you take into account my first two paragraphs.
Partly created!!! f***ing Abramovich is responsible for the entire inflationary cycle and Boehly and Clearlake have, if anything, gone even madder at a time when FFP might just be getting some teeth.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Aren't there noises that due to FFP constraints they are literally unable to go to £100m? At least not without selling first.
No noises but actions! They are trying to drive down weekly £3-400k outgoings on single players. They want younger/hungrier and cheaper top talent on elongated contracts.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
No noises but actions! They are trying to drive down weekly £3-400k outgoings on single players. They want younger/hungrier and cheaper top talent on elongated contracts.
Well, they've already got those. So maybe they just play them instead. It's not our fault they didn't have that chat with 'Poch' before he turned up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There should be just one response to Chelsea fans' 'Free Moises' BS and to Any further lowballing bid from them. We should just send this video titled with the words:

Declan Rice - £105,000,000 player, after facing Moises Caicedo:

Exc bloody actly :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
'Earlier this week she posted and picture of herself looking into the distance while at Stamford Bridge. She wrote: “Don’t mind me I’m just looking for Caicedo, Brighton need to free our boy already.”'

She must have pretty good eyesight if she can see over to the States from West London...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Imagine spending a whole week "preparing a bid", only to receive an immediate "f*** off" when it's finally fully prepared and sent over.
Via email as well!

These “ongoing discussions” cited by Jacobs and Fab are clearly bollocks if we are turning down £80m via email

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I doubt Chelsea will want to look as if they have capitulated to our demands. However, if Poch starts to really put the pressure on then they may have to.
Other options for Chelsea seem to be limited.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports