Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will we complete our first signing of the summer?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's ONLY 74 more days till the start of the season.

When will this madness begin.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Seem to remember a load of signings in the last 2 days of the 2012 summer window: Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Crofts, Dobbie and Hammond (season loan). These supplemented Bridge, Bruno and PIG that had been made a bit earlier. Add in Upson and Ulloa and it's fair to say that most of the team that made the play offs weren't even involved in the first weeks of pre season.

Not sure thats true, with the league season starting 18th August we had a very strong squad of 21 players for pre season, without the 4 late August signings

Kuszczak 19/6/12
Bruno 25/6/12
Bridge 6/7/12
Crofts 1/8/12

Hammond 31/8/12
Orlandi 31/8/12
Lopez 31/8/12
Dobbie 31/8/12

Ulloa 16/1/13
Upson 31/1/2013

Which leaves already here

Calderon
Bridcutt
Barnes
Lualua
Vicente
Mackail Smith
Greer
El Abd
Dunk
Buckley
Sparrow
Painter
Dicker
Ankrgran
Brezovan
Hoskins
Vincelot

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure thats true, with the league season starting 18th August we had a very strong squad of 21 players for pre season, without the 4 late August signings

Kuszczak 19/6/12
Bruno 25/6/12
Bridge 6/7/12
Crofts 1/8/12

Hammond 31/8/12
Orlandi 31/8/12
Lopez 31/8/12
Dobbie 31/8/12

Ulloa 16/1/13
Upson 31/1/2013

Calderon
Bridcutt
Barnes
Lualua
Vicente
Mackail Smith
Greer
El Abd
Dunk
Buckley
Sparrow
Painter
Dicker
Ankrgran
Brezovan
Hoskins
Vincelot

Brilliant...

And this close season our squad has more holes than a colander...

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Kuszczak 19/6/12
Bruno 25/6/12
Bridge 6/7/12
Crofts 1/8/12

Hammond 31/8/12
Orlandi 31/8/12
Lopez 31/8/12
Dobbie 31/8/12

Ulloa 16/1/13
Upson 31/1/2013

Calderon
Bridcutt
Barnes
Lualua
Vicente
Mackail Smith
Greer
El Abd
Dunk
Buckley
Sparrow
Painter
Dicker
Ankrgran
Brezovan
Hoskins
Vincelot

Erm, I think someone's just been well and truly owned. Good going sir.

What a squad eh. Seems like a distant memory now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Kuszczak 19/6/12
Bruno 25/6/12
Bridge 6/7/12
Crofts 1/8/12

Hammond 31/8/12
Orlandi 31/8/12
Lopez 31/8/12
Dobbie 31/8/12

Ulloa 16/1/13
Upson 31/1/2013

Calderon
Bridcutt
Barnes
Lualua
Vicente
Mackail Smith
Greer
El Abd
Dunk
Buckley
Sparrow
Painter
Dicker
Ankrgran
Brezovan
Hoskins
Vincelot

Great, thanks, proof if it was needed, about how far backwards on the pitch this club has gone in just two seasons. You'd have to be a bit mental to not see it :down:

I won't be believing any of the spin coming from the hierarchy this close season, I will only be convinced by players signed not promises and waffle.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Great, thanks, proof if it was needed, about how far backwards on the pitch this club has gone in just two seasons. You'd have to be a bit mental to not see it :down:

I won't be believing any of the spin coming from the hierarchy this close season, I will only be convinced by players signed not promises and waffle.

Of the list of players that were already there, only 4-5 were regulars in the starting 11 once the season got underway: Bridcutt, Barnes, CMS, Greer, Buckley and AEA (until Upson signed).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of the list of players that were already there, only 4-5 were regulars in the starting 11 once the season got underway: Bridcutt, Barnes, CMS, Greer, Buckley and AEA (until Upson signed).

That's 6! Keep digging...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
My apologies, I'll say 10 Hail Marys later.

Keep bed wetting til late June.

I will (not literally!) unfortunately. You keep licking fella...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I will (not literally!) unfortunately. You keep licking fella...

Difference between licking and being realistic that clubs don't start to firm up moves until the end of June. I have a life to lead in the summer so don't want to waste it bed wetting on NSC.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Difference between licking and being realistic that clubs don't start to firm up moves until the end of June. I have a life to lead in the summer so don't want to waste it bed wetting on NSC.

You are here now, aren't you? Is it possible to be 'realistic' and self-deluded? Yes, apparently...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't know whether I'm a bed wetter or a licker but as I said on the thread almost identical to this (posted last week I think), I believe we need a proper marquee signing before late June. I'm not going to be overly concerned until then.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You are here now, aren't you? Is it possible to be 'realistic' and self-deluded? Yes, apparently...

It's becuase I'm eating breakfast and NSC is an entertaining read. I often peruse and post when I've got a spare 20 mins; it doesn't mean I log on expecting us to have signed 5 new players at this time of year though.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Erm, I think someone's just been well and truly owned. Good going sir.

What a squad eh. Seems like a distant memory now.

Added to this squad, we also had Noone and Elphick here for the pre season, but sold we sold Elphick 5 days prior to the season starting and Noone after signing the August 4. We also had Ryan Harley but he was just to sh*t to add

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
That's 6! Keep digging...

Plus Lualua Dicker and Vicente who played in some of the opening games of the season. Noone (sold 30/08/2012) was also playing in the opening games 10? So we were well prepared for the start of the season

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's becuase I'm eating breakfast and NSC is an entertaining read. I often peruse and post when I've got a spare 20 mins; it doesn't mean I log on expecting us to have signed 5 new players at this time of year though.

Keep on lying to yourself...

BTW I'm not "expecting us to have signed 5 new players at this time of year" either. We are notoriously too slow in bringing in the required additions but, then, you're a licker, so I expect you to be a bit more positive about our recruitment.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Hughton signed Becchio before.. Might be tempted again with him having been released today

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Keep on lying to yourself...

BTW I'm not "expecting us to have signed 5 new players at this time of year" either. We are notoriously too slow in bringing in the required additions but, then, you're a licker, so I expect you to be a bit more positive about our recruitment.

Given in 2012/13 we bought 7 of the 8 additions to squad after end of June and 3 regulars at end of August , and we had quite a good season were we too slow then ? Or did we just bide our time waiting for our preferred targets at the right price or when they became available?

Would our season really have better last year if we had made More of our signings earlier and in June/July rather than August ? Maybe but probably only marginal effect. Surely we picked the wrong players, the newish manager, their form , the existing (weaker than previous seasons) squad far more important as opposed to the date they were signed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here