Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When will Albion v Arsenal be postponed?

When will Albion v Arsenal be postponed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
"There will be no ban on UK sporting events just yet as the government steps up its response to the coronavirus pandemic."

Sky Sports just now

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If it is on, i wonder how it will effect attendance? Although they'd still announce the pretendance.

I think an awful lot of people will be put off going, particularly when you look at the transport situation. Squeezing onto a packed train to get there and back doesn't seem like the most sensible idea under the current circumstances.

Would not surprise me to see some big gaps in the stands on Saturday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hopefully the bus company will make sure the busses are all cleaned and sanitised before using them for the P&R

Glad it is on, but I wouldn’t be too happy attending if it was the next weekend as we are seeing my wife’ very elderly parents who are not in the best of health for Mother’s Day!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bet that Times reporter is feeling a bit stupid. I guess he was reporting on what WOULD happen if fixtures were called off and not the actual outcome of COBRA. Shame about the sensationalist headline. Again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hopefully the bus company will make sure the busses are all cleaned and sanitised before using them for the P&R

Glad it is on, but I wouldn’t be too happy attending if it was the next weekend as we are seeing my wife’ very elderly parents who are not in the best of health for Mother’s Day!

It’s the people using the buses that are the greatest potential problem

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Bet that Times reporter is feeling a bit stupid. I guess he was reporting on what WOULD happen if fixtures were called off and not the actual outcome of COBRA. Shame about the sensationalist headline. Again.

You can understand them excitedly jumping the gun when they believed they had a scoop

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Too right. Too many people speaking as if they are in a position of authority/knowledge. Silence is golden.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

While that's true (and also Bozza's previous good point about the concourses) it's no more risky than travelling to or from work at rush hour or going to the pub.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

LBC and 5Live with outspoken know-it-alls all week with little or no more knowledge that us, slamming everything the UK health/science experts advise, sticking their nose into sport.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Quite.

jack.jpg

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I think an awful lot of people will be put off going, particularly when you look at the transport situation. Squeezing onto a packed train to get there and back doesn't seem like the most sensible idea under the current circumstances.

Would not surprise me to see some big gaps in the stands on Saturday.

Agreed - at times likes this, doing the environmental thing and everyone or the vast majority going into packed trains doesn't seem a great idea. Can't help but think the crowd will be far lower this weekend regardless of the number of tickets sold and attendance announced.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Too right. Too many people speaking as if they are in a position of authority/knowledge. Silence is golden.

Says the man offering an opinion on a message board.:shrug:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Pleased that I called it correctly yesterday !

What? There's still plenty of time for the game to be called off.

Yes, the government has said it won't ban events.

But the Premier League could still decide to postpone matches OR players from either side could be diagnosed etc etc!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here