Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When will Albion v Arsenal be postponed?

When will Albion v Arsenal be postponed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You can understand them excitedly jumping the gun when they believed they had a scoop

Although, as I said last night, it was a big risk as Martin Hardy is a freelancer and not noted for his exclusives. If he was trying make a name for himself it could backfire as they once sacked a writer for a bogus 'scoop' about Arsenal sacking Pat Rice.

But it was a fair bet in view of the fact that almost every other league has done the sensible thing and called games off.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I think an awful lot of people will be put off going, particularly when you look at the transport situation. Squeezing onto a packed train to get there and back doesn't seem like the most sensible idea under the current circumstances.

Would not surprise me to see some big gaps in the stands on Saturday.
Yep, 2 of our normal 4 aren’t going.
The in-laws, both in their 70s (father in law with a serious underlying health problem) are giving it a swerve

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Junior can't go as he's away (at the moment anyway - half expecting that to be postponed) with his women, would usually take my neighbour but he's in his late 80s so I'm not going to do that..................even though he'd happily risk it.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
I prepare to get bashed now...

I've been told so couple of times and that is the only reason. It could be off the roof wrong, I have no clue - almost everyone if not all at this board know more about this than me. But if what I've been told is true - that the fans are on the older side - it becomes a relevant part of the "is it sensible to play this in front of a crowd?" discussion.

Consider yourself bashed..................what do you base your statement ?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Millwall wont be off, they’ve been fighting this since the 70’s

45170238-5B73-4CDC-824E-5429F67C3136.jpeg

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good news

Let’s face it , this country alone things are not that bad at all so for now the correct decision

Looking forward to the pubs and game

Could be the last for a while so enjoy it

Glad we are taking the sensible approach and those in charge not melting down like some are

Now for a very important 3 points

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What? There's still plenty of time for the game to be called off.

Yes, the government has said it won't ban events.

But the Premier League could still decide to postpone matches OR players from either side could be diagnosed etc etc!

Running out of time for your vote though :)

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015
My thoughts!

Today, Thursday, Patrick the scientist says there are between 5,000 and 10,000 people carrying the virus!

For convenience, lets assume the figure of 6,500? That would mean about 1 in 10,000 of the UK population is infected.

So if the Arsenal game were played today - 3 people of the 30,000 would arrive infected!

However, in two days time, Saturday, the ratio could be 1 in 5,000 - so 6 people would arrive infected.

Patrick says that each person infected is likely to infect 2 to 3 people - so, by the end of the game 18 new people are likely to be infected. The chances of you being one of those is 29,994/18.

Regrettably, perhaps a third of those 18 will be infected anyway during the next 3 months so paradoxically, maybe it would be better to be infected now when there are plenty of resources - than in 2 months when everything could be overstretched?

29,982 people on Saturday would not catch the virus. You just couldn't catch it if you tried!

The 6 people arriving with the virus may still potentially infect 18 people when not attending the game on Saturday with other activities. You still run a risk of infection by not attending and doing other things- that's how it's becoming a pandemic.

By Saturday week, 1 in 500 may be infected and a week later 1 in 50 (600 people at the Amex) - a completely different risk.

So GO! Enjoy the game! Probably the last one the season!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh dear..and yet The Times said all will be cancelled..still a good idea not to just yet .. plans need to be made over how to deal with occupants of ESU running amok in Brighton city centre at 3pm on a Saturday

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
what-nowI.jpg

Breaking: Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta tests positive for coronavirus

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Potter's not shaking hands then.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can't see how Arsenal can field a team now as they will all need to self isolate as Arteta has tested positive.
Failure to fulfil match should mean we are awarded a 3-0 win and 3 points.
Oh happy days !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here