[Football] When will Albion v Arsenal be postponed?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will Albion v Arsenal be postponed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Later today I suspect. Things are moving very, very quickly. If Premier League players have the virus, and no doubt some will, how can matches go ahead?

Why is it no doubt some will? A trip to Lancing will tell you that these top athletes already take virus spread incredibly seriously. They pretty much air-lock the first team area, and their are hand sanitisers everywhere. They are already an incredibly vigilant bunch - hence it is quite rare for players to miss games through illness.

You might be right, but with our country still under 1000 cases, it is still an incredibly small number of the population.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Why is it no doubt some will? A trip to Lancing will tell you that these top athletes already take virus spread incredibly seriously. They pretty much air-lock the first team area, and their are hand sanitisers everywhere. They are already an incredibly vigilant bunch - hence it is quite rare for players to miss games through illness.

You might be right, but with our country still under 1000 cases, it is still an incredibly small number of the population.

And yet Duffy, Dunk and Steele are reported as going to the Cheltenham Festival :facepalm:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

Lets wait and see what the results are later. Football players may be vigilant but the speed of the spread of the virus makes it extremely unlikely they will escape infection. All the experts agree ( and experts are back) its inevitable the numbers will significantly rise. Just two days ago it had gone up by nearly 25% a single day in England and in Scotland the percentage has nearly doubled in 24 hours. And those are the ones we currently know about.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Or the Leicester players simply have bad colds - similar symptoms lets be honest.

Right now at this time of year there are probably a couple of million people have similar symptoms to the virus but it won't be that...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Feels more and more like it's not going to be to me

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Does look increasingly that way. Will likely be the last hurrah for the season I would think

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If it is on, i wonder how it will effect attendance? Although they'd still announce the pretendance.

Yeah good question.

I mean this in the absolutely least offensive way: Brighton fans surely must be among the oldest on average, compared to other PL clubs, right?

That means a lot of people either are in the high risk zone + probably have a lot of friends who are. We could imagine that a lot of these will stay at home. And then you have the younger ones, who are also aware that a lot of old folks go to the games, and will stay home in order to protect them.

The more I think about it, the more ludicrous it feels to play in front of a crowd.

Empty stands... dumb enough. Continuing as normal... insanity.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Yeah good question.

I mean this in the absolutely least offensive way: Brighton fans surely must be among the oldest on average, compared to other PL clubs, right?

That means a lot of people either are in the high risk zone + probably have a lot of friends who are. We could imagine that a lot of these will stay at home. And then you have the younger ones, who are also aware that a lot of old folks go to the games, and will stay home in order to protect them.

The more I think about it, the more ludicrous it feels to play in front of a crowd.

Empty stands... dumb enough. Continuing as normal... insanity.

Why do you think that?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why do you think that?

I prepare to get bashed now...

I've been told so couple of times and that is the only reason. It could be off the roof wrong, I have no clue - almost everyone if not all at this board know more about this than me. But if what I've been told is true - that the fans are on the older side - it becomes a relevant part of the "is it sensible to play this in front of a crowd?" discussion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports