Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What/when was your first away game

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
With Aldershot ,Bristol City 1984 2 1 defeat .All the usual hassle you always got on a visit to The Teds,i still despise them more than any Club. With Brighton a 2 0 defeat at Darlo March 97.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Portsmouth in the mid 70's in the Third division I thnk. We lost 1-0, but about 75% of the huge crowd were from Brighton. Hardly anyone cheered when they scored.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That was a GOOD day out.

2-0 up and (I think) Keith Dublin got sent off?

It was a good day. I vaguely remember thinking a draw was a bad result at the time, but then Walsall ( ? ) didn't win a game in hand ( or something like that... ), the result proved to be a good one in the end, and we finished the league in 2nd place.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Chelsea 1967.

ChelseaProgramme_4306sm.jpg

Attachments

• ChelseaProgramme_4306.jpg
    ChelseaProgramme_4306.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 400

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Mine was away to Aldershot in the 3rd round of the FA cup Jan 1967. Crap 0-0 draw but we won the replay 3-1 and drew Chelsea at home in the 4th round. We drew at the Goldstone 1-1 and then followed my 2nd away game at Stamford Bridge in front of about 60,000 people. Got thumped 4-0 but what a night out. To see Osgood, Cooke, Hutchison etc in all their pomp was brilliant.
I was 17 at the time so late away game starter by today's standards. My first home game was 1958 but you didn't' seem travel to away games much in those days.

How many Albion fans at Aldershot in the incessant rain?

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
v Portsmouth 1988. We lost, my mate was ejected and had to return to Brighton in a mail cage on the train for joining in on a surge (as if he had a choice). Warren Aspinall scored against us with a deft back header from a corner, he stood out as the best player on either side. Alan Knight got a lot of abuse :lolol:

It felt a bit dodgy walking to/from the stadium, quite an eye opener. Loved it though and was hooked.

Happy days.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
just double checked

Derby league cup replay was a month before Stamford bridge palace game ???

so the Baseball Ground it was :smile:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Southend 1987/88 season. We lost. In fact I've only ever seen us lose at Southend. Didn't put me off though and by the end of that season I'd also been to Gillingham, Brentford (twice) and Chester. Each of those trips was about as far removed from the current set up as it's possible to be.

borowha

Dec 19, 2008
Luton 78 I think new years day, game abandoned when one down on seventy six minuutes ,Got chased through the streets after the game. Went with a colleague of the then wife who a few weeks later left me to join him,

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
walsall at fulhams ground fa cup 2nd replay phil parkes of walsall played a blinder
1969 i think

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Reading away when they won the league in 1994. We had loads there that day. The Reading fans all invaded the pitch after they scored their very late second goal so I don't think the game restarted after that but I may be wrong.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
How many Albion fans at Aldershot in the incessant rain?

Don't know the numbers but it was a lot. The stand behind the goal was packed with our fans. I remember chucking my old soaking wet duffel bag and seeing it wrapped around some guys head.
It was really funny at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here