Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What/when was your first away game

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
They were my first two games as well, however I didn't think Osgood or Hutchinson were around then. I think the Chelsea strike force was Bobby Tambling and Tony Hateley
Your dead right....Mind like a steel trap still.! Funny the tricks the old memory plays.😡

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In one month over that period I saw Albion at home, Plymouth, Oldham, and travelled for a postponed match at Newcastle. Covered all four corners.

I was at the 6-1. For Newcastle our minibus got as far as Toddington and turned back when we heard it was off. Dropped us back at the Goldstone and ended up drinking with Steve Foster in the Hove Park as Luton's game was off too. He can pack 'em away.

Can't remember if that was the season I did Plymouth. I've only been there once and I ended up falling out of the Wheel Tappers in Taunton and nearly fell out of the train :eek:

Jan 30, 2008
peterborough fa cup 5th round, 1985. The only time i've ever feared for my life at a football match. We were packed in so tight i thought my rib cage was going to cave in! The game should never have gone ahead as it was played on a good 4 inch blanket of snow.
soft boy :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Man Utd Oct '79. Football special to Old Trafford being regaled with tales of the' 76 Cup run by older hands.

Packed in the corner at Old Trafford with 2999 other Palace, went mental around 75 minutes when David Swindlehurst beat Joe Jordan to a header and we took the lead (Man U had a 100% record at home so far that season).

And then John Burridge wasted so much time that the ref booked him and awarded Fergie time six years early, 1-1.

And I was hooked.

Bingo

Jul 27, 2014
Seaford
West Ham in 1983. Gerry Ryan put us ahead after neatly rounding the keeper. Unfortunately they got a couple of late goals including a 25 yarder from a very young Tony Cottee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here