Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What The Hell Is A Gammon?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It has a racial element to it so yes, clearly it’s a racial reference. But this does not necessary mean it’s a racist reference. You seem to be conflating the two. And I’m pretty confident it’s not used in a racist manner in the vast majority of cases.

Good to know its possible to be derogatory toward a group using racial references with racial elements but not actually be racist.
This sort of progressive thinking should be extended to the wider world outside of NSC.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good to know its possible to be derogatory toward a group using racial references with racial elements but not actually be racist.
This sort of progressive thinking should be extended to the wider world outside of NSC.

It is. In every culture.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It is. In every culture.

The snowflakes and soyboys only got the memo that said this is applicable to white people only. Next time you meet up can you let them know its possible to be derogatory to a group with racial references and racial elements and not be racist when they are non white.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The snowflakes and soyboys only got the memo that said this is applicable to white people only. Next time you meet up can you let them know its possible to be derogatory to a group with racial references and racial elements and not be racist when they are non white.

Black people call other black people the N word all the time. It’s not racist in that context.

“Soy boy” is generally accepted as a snide way of calling someone gay, in a negative context. Yet you use the term regularly.

You’re a rather confused chap.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Black people call other black people the N word all the time. It’s not racist in that context.

“Soy boy” is generally accepted as a snide way of calling someone gay, in a negative context. Yet you use the term regularly.

You’re a rather confused chap.

:lolol:

No it isnt, only a soyboy would have come to that conclusion.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The snowflakes and soyboys only got the memo that said this is applicable to white people only

But Clampy still needs a late appearance by [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] for the full house.

Personally, can't be arsed, dinner calls, but have fun and pasta, don't make things up again ! It's all here, in black and white :thumbsup:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But Clampy still needs a late appearance by [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] for the full house.

Personally, can't be arsed, dinner calls, but have fun and pasta, don't make things up again ! It's all here, in black and white :thumbsup:

You've got to be in it to win it.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
It is a phrase that leave voters like to pretend offends them so that they for once can try and claim other people are racist to deflect from the fact they themselves are bigoted wallys.

So all those who voted to leave are racist.

Well balanced view you've got there Clampy.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think you've just confirmed my point for me, although you could do it again, by answering these questions (and reflecting on the answers):

Are carbon emissions currently increasing or decreasing? And is the rate of increase increasing or declining?
Without googling I'm going to say Increasing and Increasing, i.e. bad. However, as I said we'd never heard of 'Global Warming' in the 1970s so wondering why the young of that era never protested about it is incredibly unfair. (Neither had we heard of CFCs destroying the ozone layer). We could only deal with the problems we knew about; indeed in the 1970s one fear was pollution-accelerated 'Global Cooling' and the coming Ice Age.

So to repeat, the Boomers did their bit dealing with the known issues.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Guy Ritchie has come up with a classic line in his new movie, The Gentleman, one of the characters in the film is called a "Black c***" by another.

He in turn complains to the character played by Colin Farrell that its racist, Farrell replies that it is in fact, factually correct as the Gentleman in question is both Black and a C***!

Thankfully even the 'Snowflakiest' of censors couldn't cut that line out.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Without googling I'm going to say Increasing and Increasing, i.e. bad. However, as I said we'd never heard of 'Global Warming' in the 1970s so wondering why the young of that era never protested about it is incredibly unfair. (Neither had we heard of CFCs destroying the ozone layer). We could only deal with the problems we knew about; indeed in the 1970s one fear was pollution-accelerated 'Global Cooling' and the coming Ice Age.

So to repeat, the Boomers did their bit dealing with the known issues.

True and I’m of the opinion each generation in same circumstances would be no different. That’s why we can’t stop climate change. Regardless of good intentions amongst young and old alike, those that hold power and wealth need to give up both to prevent. Ain’t going to happen. The world will burn and those that can afford to suffer less will survive its fiercest onslaught. It’s the way our species works. Money can just about buy you everything, even when civilisation collapses. Besides, we’re past the point of going back. The irreversible has already happened despite 40 years warning. Sorry, but them’s the facts grim as they are.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
His head even looks like a massive boiled ham.

Don't know what you're talking about.

Gammon.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here