Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What made you a Brighton fan?

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Born in Brighton. I don't really understand people that have there roots or heart in a town/city and then support....Chelsea or Man U. By all means have a prem team but ultimately, surely you support where you're from!

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Simply my old man, I was practically born blue and White. Went to my first game aged 5 at the goldstone against Crewe and been hooked ever since!
Dunno about every1 else but Albion has made the bond between me and my dad unbreakable!
He same will happen with my kids!
This club is special no doubt!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
My dad started going to a few matches 1977 or so and although he didn't take me (we lived in Crawley so I'm guessing he claimed the travel would be too much for a seven year old, although he probably wanted a few beers by himself :) ) and so I strated supporting Brighton around then.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Just out of interest really... With the opening of our amazing stadium and the influx of JCL's I'm just interested to see what brought the fans on here to the club?

Was it family? Was it a specific match that turned your head?

For me, I'm from Brighton and there was no-one else because my family have been Seagulls since 1926 (when they were still Dolphins!). Fell in love with them as soon as I went to the Goldstone and never looked back.

:bhasign:

I cannot and never will understand why any one would support any one other than there home team

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Like myself, tons here started watching in the 1970's. Saw some magical times, mega crowds packed in, a sea of people in chicken-run & the old north stand.
10,000's hooked for life. Many coming back to the club, with their descendents.
Knight, Perry, Bloom & others made the dream into a reality.

nyehus

Jun 21, 2011
born an bred in brighton, taken by big brother to see them play blackpool at the goldstone (north stand), somewhen in the 70's (76 i think), tickets where bought for us by my Grandad who worked for the Albion, selling the weekly lottery tickets.
after that went frequently with my Grandad (west stand siting) or mates from school (east terrace)
I can remember Notts Forest and Peter Shilton coming to train on my schools sports field - never seen a man with has big hands as he had - lol

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My dad's sperm.
Before that it was my nans ovum, and before that my great grandfather's sperm.
You can't go any further back than that.

*confirmed by BTID last week*

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I blame my parents for parking the car in Brighton and using the back seat for my conception and then using Brighton General hospital to bring me into the world!!!

Things could have been worse. If Dad had put in petrol the car they could have gone to Croydon for the day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here