[Drinking] What did you drink when you first hit the pub

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we must have rubbed shoulders in the past [MENTION=11928]vegster[/MENTION], I drank in these boozers, circa 75-86ish frequently. Also, the Spaniard before it closed, and Friday and Saturday nights in the Marine, then onto the Carioca, or Bubbles.

Indeed we have ! :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
God no .......allotments are another old mans hobby....typical for [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION].....

Had to go shopping today.....first time I have done that on a saturday in a long long time.....

:lolol:

My neighbour, Bob, with whom I watch around 7 games a week on the tellybox, is contemplating we make a suicide pact, that or start watching Mrs Brown's boys. Is this what life has come to? Shopping on a Saturday afternoon, followed by 'Drain the Oceans' on Narional Geographic in the evening (actually rather good - pass the Ovaltine)?

First world problems.

Take it easy!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
By 18 we were drinking Youngs Special and King and Barnes in the Wine Lodge and Thieves Kitchen though weren’t we Veg... I think they also did Flowers.

First up for me at about 15 was Watneys Red and Ben Truman... Watneys changed the name in 1972, dropping the Barrel and serving a sweeter brew.... agreed it was still shit though.

My first pint was 17p I think but it soon SOARED to 20p two years later in the Montague in Worthing.

‘When it goes above ten Bob a pint I’m out’ ............

No. I was a good boy, I never started til I was almost 17

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
This.

Was £2.50 a pint at Shakespeare's Head just off Western Road. A tenner had me wrecked as I might not have been 18 at the time.

Rock night at the Gloucester used to be £2 a pint so I'd add a shot of Vodka that was 50p to make it an even £5 a time.

OMG (as my kids’d say) The Shakespeares was one of the great underage pubs back in the day. As long as you weren’t being twats the landlord would let you nurse a few pints. We have so ****ed up society by driving kids into Prinking on bottles of vodka because they can’t get served (or it’s too ****ing expensive) in pubs compared to tinnies/bottles in supers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
snakebite....dry blackthorn and hoffmeister...Tirolier Bar Worthing 80/81

That was the top underage bar of all time sydney... jailbait in there.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That was the top underage bar of all time sydney... jailbait in there.

were you ever in there when it got raided.....comedy gold , the manager was always tipped off so the under age lot would either be out the front on the balcony or be legging it down the fire escape.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
were you ever in there when it got raided.....comedy gold , the manager was always tipped off so the under age lot would either be out the front on the balcony or be legging it down the fire escape.

I was about 20 21 then... far too old for the place..... but I heard the stories.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I was about 20 21 then... far too old for the place..... but I heard the stories.

used to use the royal stewart , the montague when chapman had it , white hart , buckingham, beachcomber , wine lodge .......most of them are gone now i think.

and obviously the r&c which has stood the test of time remarkably well.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
used to use the royal stewart , the montague when chapman had it , white hart , buckingham, beachcomber , wine lodge .......most of them are gone now i think.

and obviously the r&c which has stood the test of time remarkably well.

I fell across the DJ’s decks after the semi finals in 83 and was asked to leave..... good pub in the day Sydney
The Mont was my local for years as you say when Chris had it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I fell across the DJ’s decks after the semi finals in 83 and was asked to leave..... good pub in the day Sydney
The Mont was my local for years as you say when Chris had it.

we would have numerous associates and family members in common.....you would have to know my brother.....He drinks in the Lion now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
blimey .......forgot the selden arms by the gas works.......few pints of harveys xxxxx winter warmer....and a scamper around peter pan's ....:lolol:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Miller Lite with a top around ‘85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brown ale shandy

Like drinking neat sugar

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports