[NSC] What are you doing on Monday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don’t like bank hols at the best of times. This one promises to be remarkably dull.

I plan on a long walk over the Downs to avoid the hullabaloo. Then a beer, dinner and bed. I would rather be working it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Popping the old gas man uniform on and deceiving the elderly. The character I play is Dave Winstanley, from Stockport - eyepatch, lisp and plenty a tale of his wife, Gladys, and son the first in the family to go to university and study gynaecology, or "summit about parts". Home by 5, I'd say, with a swagbag of dentures and earrings and piles of battenberg, and sweet memories of batteries turned around in devices and remotes. Then chortle the night away with a few slurps of tepid cognac and gorge on rusks.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
It promises to be the most boring bank holiday ever, as nothing is open. So yes, I'll probably watch an hour of the funeral. Sigh.

Apart from that, my wife has made a list of DIY jobs for me to do. Fair play, given the dearth of alternatives (with the obvious exception of Netflix) I think I'm quite happy to get it done.

More boring than spending christmas in lockdown? Or any other days we weren't permitted to do anything? Go out have a walk ,ride a bike . the world is your oyster mate .

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Get up at 9ish
Have breakfast
Have a shower
Not listen to popmaster probably
Switch on telly
Have lunch
Watch the days proceedings
Have dinner
Watch evening TV and catch up with The Capture series 2 ( now we have finished Shetland)
Have a cup of coffee
Go to bed and read the Chester chausable. Book 14 of brother hermitage series.
Fall asleep after 2 chapters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Get up at 9ish
Have breakfast
Have a shower
Not listen to popmaster probably
Switch on telly
Have lunch
Watch the days proceedings
Have dinner
Watch evening TV and catch up with The Capture series 2 ( now we have finished Shetland)
Have a cup of coffee
Go to bed and read the Chester chausable. Book 14 of brother hermitage series.
Fall asleep after 2 chapters

We finished The Capture and Shetland last night. God knows what rubbish Mrs Wz has lined up for me this weekend :shrug:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We finished The Capture and Shetland last night. God knows what rubbish Mrs Wz has lined up for me this weekend :shrug:

First series of the capture was brilliant so have high hopes for the second.

Shetland was good, but a lot of it is tosh staring into space and pulling faces, and car driving up and down roads….plus how did the chief detective catch the bomber in his car so quickly!!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
First series of the capture was brilliant so have high hopes for the second.

Shetland was good, but a lot of it is tosh staring into space and pulling faces, and car driving up and down roads….plus how did the chief detective catch the bomber in his car so quickly!!!

Well worth watching Capture2

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ll be working.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely delighted not to be working. I envisage a nice lay-in, a cooked breakfast somewhere, and some proper me-time with my Kindle and several bevvies dahn the local. Lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports