Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham - worst team seen at the Amex so far.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We didn't take our chances because basically we created none... and I don't remember seeing two golden chances missed by Nolan either... I must be in a parallel world. It may be a good thing that Gus is now sensing what a bad patch is like, hopefully makes him stronger.

I think we had loads of chances, just needed that final ball or a bit more composure.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Ahem, welcome to the Championship, boys....

True, its that cutting edge we miss, loads of possession, great football, great angles and yet the final pass is missing. It is a learning curve. As much as I like to give you Palace shit, I have to admit we are still behind you in terms of playing at this level. We just need that little bit more composure and belief. It will come, we've come a long way from bottom of the league and Gillingham ground shares, it might take a bit of time, but if we play like that some team is gonna get a right good hiding and hopefully its you lot on the 31stJan!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Indeed. It's why I'm delighted Dougie was thrown in in a relegation fight - toughened him up a bit.

You were poor against us, but I saw spells tonight where you looked - as much as I hate saying it - rather good, and it wasn't too difficult to see why you were so high in the table earlier on in the season.

Sort yourselves out by 31st Janurary so we can have a close battle again, as opposed to the forgone conclusion of 9 years ago :thumbsup:

We won't be a bad championship side and if some of our supporters actually looked at their summer prediction they'd feel like arses now, very few predicted play offs. We need to learn to live with our pre-season predictions.

Sep 28, 2011
We won't be a bad championship side and if some of our supporters actually looked at their summer prediction they'd feel like arses now, very few predicted play offs. We need to learn to live with our pre-season predictions.

Some of your "supporters" - though I feel they were more the JCL's - on my Facebook were saying you should be getting automatically promoted! Very few that I spoke to had realistic expectations.
As you said, you're not a bad side.
But you do seem to be getting found out - if I was you I'd hope Gus has a plan B to revert to when the passy tip-tap isn't going to plan.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Some of your "supporters" - though I feel they were more the JCL's - on my Facebook were saying you should be getting automatically promoted! Very few that I spoke to had realistic expectations.
As you said, you're not a bad side.
But you do seem to be getting found out - if I was you I'd hope Gus has a plan B to revert to when the passy tip-tap isn't going to plan.

We need to talk to Brendon what's his name at Swansea! I never feel NSC represents the majority of Brighton fans anyway... a lot are just a bunch of no lives spunking off when it is good and talking shyte when it's bad, but then that is like most on t'internet. Our realistic goal was survival and build. If we had been say 18th tonight, beat the Hammers and gone 12th (where we are) we'd have got a percentage saying we can get play offs or promotion... it's October, things won't pan out til December... c'est la vie.

Sep 28, 2011
We need to talk to Brendon what's his name at Swansea! I never feel NSC represents the majority of Brighton fans anyway... a lot are just a bunch of no lives spunking off when it is good and talking shyte when it's bad, but then that is like most on t'internet. Our realistic goal was survival and build. If we had been say 18th tonight, beat the Hammers and gone 12th (where we are) we'd have got a percentage saying we can get play offs or promotion... it's October, things won't pan out til December... c'est la vie.

Brendan Rodgers (took me ages to think of that bloody name!), done quality down there!
Football fans are amongst the most fickle people known to man. After the Peterboro game I was making comments along the lines of get used to terraces lads etc - and we're bloody 4th!!!!!!!
Our clubs arent dissimilar - both with the same aim of consolidation then building up after a difficult few years - it just seems, touch wood, to have fallen into place quicker at SP then we could ever have dreamed.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I still believe both of us will finish middish table [MENTION=21844]Holmesdale_Lad[/MENTION]... I think the end of season will pan out who out of us finishes higher, but not play off.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
[MENTION=21844]Holmesdale_Lad[/MENTION], just for you, what with me being a London boy and all...

Arundel2.jpg

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
We have no width, no creative midfield and our fullbacks don't get forward enough. We got absolutely battered last night but possession and the amount of corners you get doesn't count as a win. Thought we were very poor but we did a job and defended superbly....and pretty desperately at times too. Brighton has never been a happy hunting ground for us so i'll take an ugly win.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I was very disappointed with West Ham but I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised given who their manager is.

BUT, Gus comes on the radio after the match saying how well we played, it was his fault Bridcutt gave the ball away (!) we had most possession, we only made one mistake, etc, etc really bugs me because we were poor tonight. We seem obsessed with possession, so much so that in the first minute we got caught out playing across our penalty area, didn't learn the lesson and got caught 15 minutes later when they scored. Fast forward 70 minutes and in the final few minutes what are we still doing....Noone to Painter, Painter to Dunk, Dunk to Greer, Greer to Bridcutt, Bridcutt to Painter, Painter to Noone...tackled and West Ham have the ball...meanwhile Buckley is 50 metres away waiting for a decent pass.

It's called a patient build up. We wait for a gap to create a decent opportunity rather than hoof it and risk a 50/50 chance of giving it away. Id rather keep the ball than put it on one of their defenders heads.

Did think the long feared areial bombardment did'nt materialise. Although Carew won headers they weren't in dangerous areas and to that extent I thought the defence coped well. Individual mistakes have been a real problem this season and cost us dearly. I thought West Ham were mediocre overall - poor attacking but strong defensively. We didn't create a really good goal scoring opportunity all night.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The original question was are whu the worse team at the Amex this season, answer to that is yes. However in 3 quarters of the pitch we outplayed them unfortunately it wasn't the quarter that mattered. Also disappointed with their support very quiet and only seemed to sing 1 song

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here