West Ham - worst team seen at the Amex so far.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
They played to a game plan and did what was asked because we gifted them a goal. They're a very good, very strong team. Remember, they had a whole Premiership midfield out injured and an England international striker and goalie.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Classic away performance. We gifted them a goal, they then set up defensively and despite all our possession we created very very little.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Just in case you had not realized, football is about winning matches, and this tippy tappy dago football ain't doing that this season. I really don't care how we play, just as long as we can go home with three points under our belt.

i'd rather we keep playing good football, even if it means at times we lose.....

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Er you do not need to do anything when 1-0 up away except not concede, which they NEVER looked like doing...3 points, job done

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Good to see we are still the best league team you have faced at the wonky warehouse this year, was worried the Hammers would give us a run for our money tonight but not even close, they were fecking awful. Still had enough to beat you mind! :p

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What are you goons talking about? They had the sort of nous and know-how that we lack, they got the lead and they defended it. They were never troubled, and they are probably the best team in the league. Anyone who couldn't appreciate how well they stifled us as a team, and the game as a whole, needs to open their eyes, or learn a couple of things about football. They were by far the better team. Maybe not the better team to watch, but that's completely irrelevant if you lose.

I concur, the early goal meant that they did not have to take the game to us and much as we tried, they defended well within their abilities. Without conceding first we might have got something

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
They have good players but play horrible football. 10 men behind the ball after 30 minutes against an out of form team just promoted is shocking. Hope they don't up and 'Big Sam' gets the boot and is hounded out of football. Even in defeat much happier being a Brighton fan rather than watching that week in week out especially when they claim to be the academy of football

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I'd rather watch our style of play over theirs any day.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think though tht some of us associate west ham with playing 'football' and in tht way they wer disappointing I certainly don't think thy wer the better side ..but thy wer wel organised in defence so u hav to give them credit ....Carew just seemed a useless lump and thy managed to contrive a booking of our right back

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
They have good players but play horrible football. 10 men behind the ball after 30 minutes against an out of form team just promoted is shocking. Hope they don't up and 'Big Sam' gets the boot and is hounded out of football. Even in defeat much happier being a Brighton fan rather than watching that week in week out especially when they claim to be the academy of football

That has nothing to do with there playing style

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
That has nothing to do with there playing style

Yes it does they are proud of the youth players they bring through and the style of football they used to play. Hoof ball has not gone down well with them

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
What are you goons talking about? They had the sort of nous and know-how that we lack, they got the lead and they defended it. They were never troubled, and they are probably the best team in the league. Anyone who couldn't appreciate how well they stifled us as a team, and the game as a whole, needs to open their eyes, or learn a couple of things about football. They were by far the better team. Maybe not the better team to watch, but that's completely irrelevant if you lose.

Nail on the head!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Yes it does they are proud of the youth players they bring through and the style of football they used to play. Hoof ball has not gone down well with them

Yes but the reason they are called the academy of football is not for there style of play like you came across in your first post, there called the academy of football due to the success of there academy, Hoof ball does not matter to them, infact Sam has come in and had a mass clear out of the Academy, including what West Ham thought to be 2 of there brightest prospects.

The hammers fans hate Hoof ball as you call it, they hate Sam they despise the Daves, i know i have a whole family of them, but thing is they will accept it as long as they get promoted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports