Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

well done Crawley!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Unfortunately true (and short-sighted), although that was then and this is now - different Council now and different owners of Crawley FC.

I'm pretty sure that when the Broadfield Stadium was built, one of the promises to the local nimbys was that no team would be allowed to groundshare. Hence the councils refusal of permission for us to use it.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Shame you won't win your bets, we are going like a train and will win the division by at least 5clear points. Swindon to do the double.

Have to say I watched Swindon last night and although Barnet were f***ing awful I was very impressed with the way Swindon played. Just thought you lacked a bit of quality in front of goal.

As for Crawley, couldn't care less about them to be honest. Used to go quite often when we were at Withdean but I'd always go and stand in the away end.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If I still lived in the area I would watch Crawley. The one thing about them is that they do need to update the stadium and try and get better crowds. Certainly getting The Amex opened hasn't helped them and I can't see them coping too well in League One with sub 4000 crowds. Clearly losing Talisman Tubbs hasn't held them up so they must be paying good wages to attract the caliber of players they have, how long can the keep it up though ?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Crawley can do one! Can't stand their crook of a manager. I also hate they have been in administration a few times, begged people for money, racked up loads of debts, didnt pay anyone back and spent thousands on players, breaking their record transfer fee week after week. This project promotion or whatever they called it last year is a joke. Did the owners say where their money is coming from? They were asked, but never revealed as far as I can remember

When they were in the conference the spent more than the SPL put together (apart from Rangers and Celtic). They also outspent the whole of the conference and League Two put together.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Crawley can do one! Can't stand their crook of a manager. I also hate they have been in administration a few times, begged people for money, racked up loads of debts, didnt pay anyone back and spent thousands on players, breaking their record transfer fee week after week. This project promotion or whatever they called it last year is a joke. Did the owners say where their money is coming from? They were asked, but never revealed as far as I can remember

When they were in the conference the spent more than the SPL put together (apart from Rangers and Celtic). They also outspent the whole of the conference and League Two put together.

Yup. Not a likeable club at all.

Can we please stop patting them on the head? They don't like us. I see no reason we should like them. Mini-Palace, as others have said.

D

Deleted member 18477

i quite like crawley now. they've grown on me. really hope they beat stoke in the cup and get promoted. its about time this area had some proper football teams at last. ones that CAN compete finally!

if we got them in the 6th round and lost... my opinion might change a little for a bit:lol:

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011

Couldn't disagree more.
Their manager is passionate, knows how to win & is characteristic.
The club is very much on the up.
There is no anger, rivalry or nastiness from them to us.
I only wish them every success
it would be good for the Albion if they do well, to loan players & to keep us on our toes & to put Sussex on the football radar.

Go Crawley Go

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Couldn't disagree more.
it would be good for the Albion if they do well, to loan players & to keep us on our toes & to put Sussex on the football radar.

Go Crawley Go

I for one wouldn't want to see any Brighton player in a Crawley shirt, passionate & charismatic my hairy arse! - the man is an ignorant arrogant twunt of the highest order - its easy to win when you've bought better players than anyone else in your league has - see Mourinho at chelski.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Couldn't disagree more.

Go Crawley Go

You're not disagreeing with anything I have said though.

Manager is passionate, probably, I dont watch him enough to know, but he he was found guilty of tax fraud, and pulled a few scams in his time

The club is on the up, there is only one way to go if you have been in administration 2 or 3 times.

I never said anything on rivalry from them to us, i dont know if there is, they have been so far behind us to create any rivalry.

Anyone know where their money is coming from?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Anyone know where their money is coming from?
The late Bruce Winfield funded last years promotion, this season his widow Silpa has carried on funding, although the money for transfers hasn't been as much this year, they are still paying very good wages.
As for buying better players than everyone else, isn't that what footballs about ? if you but worse players than everyone else you'd be a bit shit and get sacked !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yup. Not a likeable club at all.

Can we please stop patting them on the head? They don't like us. I see no reason we should like them. Mini-Palace, as others have said.
It's not really true to say they don't like us. Some don't, but those people tend to dislike Palace too. Crawley is basically a Chelsea area these days anyhow, not BHA and not CP. Anyone who watches their local side deserves a bit of respect as opposed to being a plastic watching a Premiership team on the tellybox. And I for one am quite pleased that Sussex has two football teams - it really ought to be a big and populated enough county to support two, if not three or four football league clubs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's not really true to say they don't like us. Some don't, but those people tend to dislike Palace too. Crawley is basically a Chelsea area these days anyhow, not BHA and not CP. Anyone who watches their local side deserves a bit of respect as opposed to being a plastic watching a Premiership team on the tellybox. And I for one am quite pleased that Sussex has two football teams - it really ought to be a big and populated enough county to support two, if not three or four football league clubs.

The majority of comments I have seen from Crawley fans about BHA have been overwhelmingly negative.

I don't understand this loyalty to Sussex. I don't give a single solitary shit about "Sussex" football. I'm a Brighton and Hove Albion supporter.

Otherwise, why aren't we giving props to Whitehawk, Worthing, Littlehampton whenever one of their teams does well?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The Stoke Half&Half scarves are on sale in Crawley today.

Not a fan myself. (Of Crawley that is. I love a nice half&half scarf. Just not these ones.)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Otherwise, why aren't we giving props to Whitehawk, Worthing, Littlehampton whenever one of their teams does well?
I think we do. Lewes were getting all sorts of plaudits for their FA Cup run a few years back. Eastbourne Borough and Worthing have also been applauded on here down the years.

The thing is, there isn't a club in Sussex that will ever hold to candle to Albion's support as they will simply never have the fan base, and that includes Crawley. We're like Norfolk and Norwich really - the city of B&H simply dominates the county, so I like to see other Sussex teams doing well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here