We Have Been Trying To Sign Ryan Harley From Exeter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kellows Bootlaces

Dec 7, 2009
The Exeter fans were singing they'd let him shag their wives yesterday

he SMASHED the bar from distance just before we got the winner. Looked good, but BETTER than what we have got is questionable. He is good, but we need to IMPROVE buy signing players that can play in the Championship, not just ones to get us out this league

Oh Ryan Harley, you are the love of my life,
Oh Ryan Harley, i'd let you **** my wife,
Oh Ryan Harley, I want ginger hair too...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If not getting LuaLua we need a second wide left midfielder. As Noone can play right too and Bennett centrally, could see the 3 of them covering both wide positions in a 4-4-2 and also sometimes playing all together in a 4-5-1. Only 2 natural wide players plus Sparrow and Smith is not enough for the Championship. Let's sign him up if can get him on the cheap, or leave it if not.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This is interesting, I was told this afternoon that we'd received an official £2.5million bid from Newcastle for Elliott Bennett. This information came from a 1901er. It might complete nonsense, but I can't see why we'd be interested in Harley otherwise. People have spoken about him playing on the right, which is fantastic.. we might have an alternative for Bennett should he get injured at any point. But if it's a case of signing Harley and then selling Bennett, it would be better to stick than to twist in my opinion.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
This is interesting, I was told this afternoon that we'd received an official £2.5million bid from Newcastle for Elliott Bennett. This information came from a 1901er. It might complete nonsense, but I can't see why we'd be interested in Harley otherwise. People have spoken about him playing on the right, which is fantastic.. we might have an alternative for Bennett should he get injured at any point. But if it's a case of signing Harley and then selling Bennett, it would be better to stick than to twist in my opinion.

£2.5 million? No way.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Blimey, we really wouldn't be able to turn down 2.5 million. It could be someone seeing Parew at Newcastle and trying to wind you up though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm not saying it's concrete, could be complete rubbish. But it's an interesting piece of information to receive, and then to come on here and discover we've been trying to sign a similar type of player. I've nothing against squad development though, gone are the days of 1 in and 1 out I think. We could accomodate both of them in our squad quite easily, and ideally, that's what would happen. Poyet can pick a midfielder, and Harley has been getting rave reviews all season.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Newcastle haven't got any money certainly not 2.5 million on a L1 player but 2 million up front and Lua Lua will do. We can then buy a striker and the lad from Exeter. Cloud cuckoo land I think

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Doubt it's true, but we'd be mad not to take £2.5m for him.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Probably won't come to us but if he did I would welcome it. Assuming you can afford it, you can't have too many good players in competiton for places.

Go back a few months when people were bemoaning how threadbare our Subs Bench was. We need a bench, where any player could walk in to most other teams in our league. We are nearly there but not yet.

He would provide competition for Sparrow and Dicker and is good enough (IMO) to play in the Championship.
Would certainly be a good squad addition. A very different type of player to Noone - more of a playmaker I think

If not getting LuaLua we need a second wide left midfielder. As Noone can play right too and Bennett centrally, could see the 3 of them covering both wide positions in a 4-4-2 and also sometimes playing all together in a 4-5-1. Only 2 natural wide players plus Sparrow and Smith is not enough for the Championship. Let's sign him up if can get him on the cheap, or leave it if not.

Would recommend you all listen to Comedy Steve's latest podcast (you don't need seagull player). Gus is very clear - at length - about his recruitment policy. No squad strengthening or cover players, he now just wants players that will add something new. Players with a skill set no one else has.

This chap sounds like he would be good cover for what we already have, but won't add much new that isn't already there. Pretty sure (unless the unlikely EB story is true) that we would have been sounding out many players as well as Noone. Now we have Noone, Exeter have lost a buyer so are leveraging our interest in order to tout the lad about.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funny how most of the signings or offers we make never get mentioned on here until they are announced by the clubs involved. It's almost as if those 'in the know' on NSC don't have a clue...

Haha - EXACTLY my thoughts when i read this in the Argus. The ammount of GASH rumours that are bollocks that appear on here are unreal - and we've made 2 bids fo rthis fella and he's not been mentioned on NSC :lol: Nor was Noone until it was public knowledge in the press...

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

iF EXETER DIDNT WANT TO SELL HARLEY THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TOLD THE MEDIA THEY HAVE TURNED DOWN BIDS FROM BRIGHTON,WHAT THEY WANT IS
OTHER TEAMS TO ENTER THE RACE TO SIGN HIM TO PUSH THE PRICE UP.

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports