Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Have Been Trying To Sign Ryan Harley From Exeter

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We aint going to be able to compete with SCC on up front ££ or wages.
Not sure about that, but I do think that if Southampton want him, they'll get him because they'll pay over the odds for him.

And lets be honest, if we can keep EB then they'll need him far more than us, with AOC on his way and Lallana out for 2 months. This will work out nicely for Exeter, as they took a risk by going public and in all likelihood now have the bidding war they wanted.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Bit complicated but this quote from a Derby Forum referring to a Bristol City Forum......................

Hidden in the Savage to Bristol City thread on the Bristol site was a supposedly informed contribution stating that

With regards Ryan Harley, he turned down Derby, they offered him £8k a week and quarter mill signing on. He wanted to stay in the west country as he recently had a kid.

No idea if true, you would like to think that this offer would have tempted the lad, but no mention of fee to Exeter (I believe he is out of contract in the summer)

£8K per week salary PLUS a signing on fee of £250K (in addition to the transfer fee)

If there is any truth in it whatsoever then I think we can be safely counted out on this one but no wonder the lad is struggling to deal with the prospect of having to stay at Exeter on a mere (reported) £2K per week

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
MANAGER Paul Tisdale has declared that Exeter City will not be bullied into accepting sub-standard offers for playmaker Ryan Harley.

If the Grecians do not sell the midfielder during the January transfer window, then Harley would be able to walk out of St James's Park on a free at the end of the current campaign, when his contract expires.

But Tisdale has warned rival clubs they are wrong if they think that means they can pick the 25-year-old up on the cheap this month.

The City boss said: "We don't want Ryan to go, we have already fought off offers for him. Because he is out of contract in the summer people will make, I think, poor offers because they think we are desperate for the money – well we are not.

"I want him with us and I want him to go on and have a great career at a higher level, but we need him for the next three or four months."

Npower League One leaders Brighton & Hove Albion are believed to be the only club to have bid for Harley so far, making two offers which were both rejected at the end of last year .

However, there are thought to be plenty of other parties interested, including Championship sides Derby County and Bristol Rovers, and the speculation surrounding his future has led Tisdale to leave Harley out of his matchday squad for City's last two games, both of which came against Brentford at Griffin Park.

And the Grecians manager hinted he intends to leave the former Weston-super-Mare man out of his team until the current transfer window closes.

Tisdale said: "We are not punishing Ryan and he's not punishing us – there's nothing in it (Harley's exclusion) other than I'm respectful of the fact we needed a full-blooded performance on Monday and on Friday – and Ryan's had a very tough couple of weeks where he has had a lot of interest.

"It's unsettling for anybody – next week he could be living in another part of the country.

"So I hope at the end of January that can all seep away and he is with us until the end of the year and he will get his head back on to doing his job.

"Hopefully he will have a few things ready for him in the summer and he can concentrate on playing for us for the rest of this season.

"I don't think I have ever not been confident (of keeping Harley beyond January). How many times have I said nobody in and nobody out? How many more times have I got to say it?

"I really am hopeful that nobody will make any more offers. I don't want him to go."

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
However, there are thought to be plenty of other parties interested, including Championship sides Derby County and Bristol Rovers,

Congratulations to Bristol Rovers on their promotion!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
"I don't think I have ever not been confident (of keeping Harley beyond January). How many times have I said nobody in and nobody out? How many more times have I got to say it? - this on the day he brings in Ben Hamer from Reading. Am I not convinced? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here