Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Have Been Trying To Sign Ryan Harley From Exeter

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
Sorry if this is fixtures but I just clicked into Exeter's website and Steve Perryman said this afternoon that they have turned down a number of bids from Brighton for Ryan Harley.

I was at the game yesterday and thought Harley was outstanding, and I have thought this when I have seen him on previous occasions. Perryman said it's not in the club's interests to sell one of their best players at this stage of the season but, if a silly bid came in, they might accept.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Where does he play?

Must admit I thought all the Exeter players were rather good yesterday.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The Exeter fans were singing they'd let him shag their wives yesterday

he SMASHED the bar from distance just before we got the winner. Looked good, but BETTER than what we have got is questionable. He is good, but we need to IMPROVE buy signing players that can play in the Championship, not just ones to get us out this league

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It seems interesting to me that Exeter feel the need to put this story on their website. The article specifically mentions that the player is out of contract at the end of the season. I wonder if they are trying to encourage clubs to bid lots of money - I can't image they want him to walk away for nothing in May.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Speaking to my girlfriends old man who is an exeter fan and he reckons he'll go to the chapionship and exeter want about 400k for him. If Noone is worth 300k the Harley should go for about 250k he reckons. Can play in the centre in a midfield 3 or on the wing in 4-4-2. Do we really need him I'm not convinced but he's a good player alright. He wasnt their best player on sat(Logan or Cureton) but got MOTM

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's a left midfielder mainly so maybe a second option if we didn't get Noone?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
or maybe there is a risk that one of our current midfielders is going to be subject to a head turning bid and we may need extra wide players.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Interesting how this has slipped under the radar during all the hype over Noone signing & none of us even speculated about it.

Wonder if he's being lined up in case we can't get Kaz back or we were after him in case we didn't get Noone?

grecianlad

Jan 4, 2011
Harley is one of our best players, if not the best. I'm sure we will sell him by the end of the transfer window because his contract is up at the end of the season and we won't want to lose him for nothing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's a left midfielder mainly so maybe a second option if we didn't get Noone?

This may well be the truth. We had enquired after Harley in case we didn't land Noone. Exeter are keen to sell, as they don't want to lose him for nothing, so now that we have Noone and may no longer be interested, they go public with this story to encourage other offers...

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Interesting how this has slipped under the radar during all the hype over Noone signing & none of us even speculated about it.

Wonder if he's being lined up in case we can't get Kaz back or we were after him in case we didn't get Noone?

Funny how most of the signings or offers we make never get mentioned on here until they are announced by the clubs involved. It's almost as if those 'in the know' on NSC don't have a clue...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here