Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Have Been Trying To Sign Ryan Harley From Exeter

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
He was quality yesterday, I'd definitely want him in our squad if we could get him for 300 k.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This may well be the truth. We had enquired after Harley in case we didn't land Noone. Exeter are keen to sell, as they don't want to lose him for nothing, so now that we have Noone and may no longer be interested, they go public with this story to encourage other offers...

This sounds plausible.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Funny how most of the signings or offers we make never get mentioned on here until they are announced by the clubs involved. It's almost as if those 'in the know' on NSC don't have a clue...

Exactly. And lets be grateful Dick Knight isn't handling negotiations any more cos he did nothing but spout off about who he wanted to sign and then go and not actually sign them!

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
He's a left midfielder mainly so maybe a second option if we didn't get Noone?

This would certainly make sense. He is a very good player, scored a lot of goals this year and is probably Exeter’s best player. That said, now we have Noone, I really cannot see where he would fit in. The article does say “over the last month”, i.e. pre finalisation of the Noone deal, although the Albion seemed to be quite confident it would go through.

He is doing great at Exeter so why join us when there is already so much competition in midfield, especially if Gus still wants Lua Lua back for “3-4 years”?

Player profile: Exeter City | Team | Player Profiles | Ryan Harley

Exeweb: Harley... Is he going? - Page 7 - exeweb.com forums

Last edited:

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Maybe we're all looking abit to short sighted myself included, He's a championship quality player and the more of them in our squad the better, especially if for about 250-300k.

ironacton

Jul 14, 2009
watched the game with an Exeter fan, he rates harley but says he goes missing for large chunks of games, not better than what weve got on my one viewing

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Might be useful to have another wide player if Gus wants us to change shape and be more flexible. Maybe Noone, Bennett & Harley in behind a central striker with two holding midfielders?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Did he play at the Withdean fixure? Granted most Exeter players were absent without leave that day.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
a key to our chances of promotion lie in having a large enough squad, 2 or 3 injuries or suspensions and we could find ourselves on the slide. He looks like a quality player and Andrew Crofts is an example of a player who made the step up to the championship and a lot of people on nsc doubted that. it also looks like Exeter are inviting offers for him.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
According to the exeter forum/paper there is interest from several championship clubs including Norwich and QPR

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If we could get him he would be an excellent addition to our squad. A creative centre mid, can use both feet, would fit right in.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This may well be the truth. We had enquired after Harley in case we didn't land Noone. Exeter are keen to sell, as they don't want to lose him for nothing, so now that we have Noone and may no longer be interested, they go public with this story to encourage other offers...

Sounds right. We would have more than one iron in the fire. If Noone hadn't come off, we'd expect the management to have had other options sounded out. Now Exeter leveraging the interest to generate some wedge for a player who will walk in the Summer.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I agree that Exeter are trying to get other offers to come in but I think Noone and Harley are quite different players so landing Noone doesnt mean we don't want Harley.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I didn't realise he was 25! I was under the impression he was a young lad from the info i was given. He looked okay like a pop at goal and looked creative but i dont think he is that different to what we have got. Wouldn't complain if we signed him but wouldn't mind if we missed out either.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Probably won't come to us but if he did I would welcome it. Assuming you can afford it, you can't have too many good players in competiton for places.

Go back a few months when people were bemoaning how threadbare our Subs Bench was. We need a bench, where any player could walk in to most other teams in our league. We are nearly there but not yet.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He would provide competition for Sparrow and Dicker and is good enough (IMO) to play in the Championship.
Would certainly be a good squad addition. A very different type of player to Noone - more of a playmaker I think

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus will have a big list of potential signings , the good thing is we don't know who they are until they have signed so we can't rip them to pieces on NSC even before they have put on the blue and white stripes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here