Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watching the game on tv

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm not "bragging", just passing on how I'm getting to watch BHA today. I'd appreciate the neck being wound back in a bit on what I do with my money, Reverend Swiveller.

Thanks x

Wasn't actually talking about you but whatever.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
I've got a list of 30 streaming sites, all now getting blocked by anti virus, which has not happened recently :shrug:

Do you have BT?
They have just changed from McAfee to Norton and my Norton is now allowing 5 pop ups on the screen, when it was 1 the other day with old provider

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
On the legalities, I think you are on a slightly more difficult footing if you have purchased a device than if you just navigate to a web page. Not that anyone seems to ever get prosecuted for doing either. I think on copyright law it isn't illegal to watch, unless you make a recording, it's a minor fraud if you are getting for free, something you should be paying for, akin to sneaking under the turnstyle back in the day.

Interesting on the legalities if for example you have paid for a genuine subscription via an approved supplier but simply watching it out of region.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This is boring me as no-one seems to care where their money is going. The IPTV people are bragging about is a monthly subscription service - not a hacked Firestick or Google Device. You are directly giving money to people rather than dodging phishing ads on a streaming site. It has been linked to money laundering. If that is how you want to watch your football then knock yourself out. But at least have the decency to warn people what they are signing up for if you are going to keep bragging about it.

Imagine giving a shit about this

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
You will be paying for a service that offers all pay per view channels through an app without the adverts. You will also be giving money to a company with a registered office in a drop location and almost certainly run by organised crime.

Hardly the Medellin Cartel though is it?

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
This is boring me as no-one seems to care where their money is going. The IPTV people are bragging about is a monthly subscription service - not a hacked Firestick or Google Device. You are directly giving money to people rather than dodging phishing ads on a streaming site. It has been linked to money laundering. If that is how you want to watch your football then knock yourself out. But at least have the decency to warn people what they are signing up for if you are going to keep bragging about it.

I care where my money is going. For instance every year I paid thousands and thousands of pounds in income tax. This year our corrupt government decided to write off £4.2bn of public money fraudulently awarded to bent companies for unfulfilled contracts during covid. It seems that in spite of any of our best efforts, the transfer of our hard earned cash into criminal hands is occurring whether we like it or not on an industrial scale.

A few quid a year on a bent fire stick should be the least of anyone’s worries.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Interesting on the legalities if for example you have paid for a genuine subscription via an approved supplier but simply watching it out of region.

I don't think that would be a crime in the UK, if you were watching the broadcast of your UK supplier, might be criminal in the area you are in, because someone else holds the rights there though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Don’t worry theSAS won’t be dropping in from a chinook anytime soon

Ever heard of VPN?

A VPN doesn't make it any more legal. I agree though, there is nothing to fear really from doing it as things stand, but you can't say it is legal to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here