Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

War memorial Pissing Student

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
He's a kid who got very drunk on a pub crawl and had a piss. He can't remember doing it and he ended up outside his front door covered in felt tip pen.

The Judge said he'd never seen anybody more apologetic. It's another victory for the shit press we've got in this country; nothing more.

The only people suffering from this is a young lad and his family; all because he got drunk.

Shouldn't have even gone to court.

Last edited:

I reiterate that I think it was a silly thing to do, but what is all this "symbolism" rubbish? Do you also think people burning flags should be wrong? Is speaking out against war a crime, if it involves our troops?

Edit: Not our troops, the Government's troops, they're not my troops.

Put it this way

How would you feel if you found him doing it at the grave of someone you loved dearly?

How would you feel if you had family or friends who had lost their lives for the service of this country?

Try and remember that if it wasn't for people being remembered by these war memorials - you would be speaking another language. Is it too much to show some respect?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Nor am I, but
a) he didn't piss on the floor, and
b) there are people who ARE easily offended by a whacky stewdent who thinks it's alright to piss on the memorials of those who gave up their lives for this country.

I think the wider issue is really whether we'll ever change our binge drinking culture as a nation, as that is clearly the main problem here as it causes no end of anti social behaviour and costs a fortune to police and administer.

(I really am going for that run now!)

Make sure you have a tiddle before you go

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
He should have been made to stand in Wooton Bassett every time another coffin rolls past holding a placard bearing a picture of him pissing on the Memorial for the next month or so.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Thats well over the top

He hasnt acctually abused anyone has he? has he acctually hurt anyone? Has he stolen anything? has he acctually done any damage to the memorial?

NO!

He just got a bit beered up and had a piss on the street, like everyone has!!
Id doubt that he even knew where he was pissing!

I agree with Notters, give him a fine, job done!

Is the right answer.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Thats well over the top

He hasnt acctually abused anyone has he? has he acctually hurt anyone? Has he stolen anything? has he acctually done any damage to the memorial?

NO!

He just got a bit beered up and had a piss on the street, like everyone has!!
Id doubt that he even knew where he was pissing!

I agree with Notters, give him a fine, job done!
he didn't just get 'beered up' and have a piss in a doorway or quiet corner of the street like most of us though ,did he ? I suspect, but can't prove, it was a drunken 'look at me pissing over this prominent stone thing in the middle of the street aren't I funny girls ' type piss,I doubt he meant it as a calculated mark of disrespect, hopefully he was too drunk to realise it was a war memorial, if I thought he did I would be arguing for a much stiffer sentence, I agree prison would have been harsh, and in this case the penalty seems about right, personally I would like to see him spending his community service working with wounded and disabled veterans of all conflicts going back to ww2.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
he didn't just get 'beered up' and have a piss in a doorway or quiet corner of the street like most of us though ,did he ? I suspect, but can't prove, it was a drunken 'look at me pissing over this prominent stone thing in the middle of the street aren't I funny girls ' type piss,I doubt he meant it as a calculated mark of disrespect, hopefully he was too drunk to realise it was a war memorial, if I thought he did I would be arguing for a much stiffer sentence, I agree prison would have been harsh, and in this case the penalty seems about right, personally I would like to see him spending his community service working with wounded and disabled veterans of all conflicts going back to ww2.

I never said it was a doorway or a quiet street though did I?

Yes it is stupid, and if the police find you having a piss anywhere then its a £60 on the spot fine. The only reason this went any further was because it was in The Sun and they made a big thing out of it!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I never said it was a doorway or a quiet street though did I?

Yes it is stupid, and if the police find you having a piss anywhere then its a £60 on the spot fine. The only reason this went any further was because it was in The Sun and they made a big thing out of it!
no, the reason it went further is because of WHERE he pissed, we both know that,if the sun had a picture of a student just pissing in the street do you really thinh there would have been the same outrage ?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Silly thing to do even by a pissed up student.However,punishment is well over the top.You get less for rampant vandalism and far worse anti social behaviour.
If soldiers weren't dying in foreign parts,he would have got an £80 fine.Trouble is ,whatever one's views on the rights and wrongs of the war,the popular press is all fired up about the continuing deaths of young soldiers and hence the sentence.Personally I am fed up with the huge amounts of hypocrisy concerning the whole tragic business,but that is the Britain we now live in.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Put it this way

How would you feel if you found him doing it at the grave of someone you loved dearly?

How would you feel if you had family or friends who had lost their lives for the service of this country?

Try and remember that if it wasn't for people being remembered by these war memorials - you would be speaking another language. Is it too much to show some respect?

Ok, maybe I wouldn't be overjoyed to see someone pissing on a relative's grave, but:

a) once you're dead, you're dead, I can't see that it matters that much
b) it wasn't a grave.

As for your second point, I can't see it would make any difference, but then I'm rapidly becoming a pacisfist.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I reiterate that I think it was a silly thing to do, but what is all this "symbolism" rubbish? Do you also think people burning flags should be wrong? Is speaking out against war a crime, if it involves our troops?

Edit: Not our troops, the Government's troops, they're not my troops.
can you clarify your position when you talk about "symbolism rubbish" in relation to war memorials.? And yes, I do happen to think burning our flag ought to be an offence, and when exactly do troops become "our troops" and not the" governments troops" ? Do you have to approve of a war before our troops have your respect ? What about some of the triple amputees from afghanistan, did they "ask for it" because they happened to join up and got sent to a place they didn't ask to go to, is it their own fault that perhaps the army is one of the routes out of some desolate northern shithole because they are not academically equipped to go to university and study for a degree in media studies ? (Second thoughts they probably are) I'd be interested to know how old you are ? Hopefully you're only around 17 and its the sort of argument you have with your dad over the breakfast table before you cycle off to sixth form,much older than 21 and I'll be tempted to dismiss you as a turd of a human being who really doesn't know much about the sacrifices some people made in the defence of our freedom.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
As for your second point, I can't see it would make any difference, but then I'm rapidly becoming a pacisfist.

Did you mean that in response to this?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Did you mean that in response to this?

No, I have great respect for anyone in the armed forces, I don't know how they do it, I certainly couldn't... Just don't think this country should be actively seeking a fight so much. I think Bushy has gone way over the top there.

I'm slightly concerned if people think something like flag burning should be illegal as I think free speach is very important. Afraid I can't continue this now as I have a lot of work to do!

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Put it this way

Good post

A complete lack of respect.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
On noting Strings calculation of 33 days of 7i/2 hr days I feel that his sentence should be trippled and on completion he should walk in the next funeral procession of a serviceman.
People may not be offended by peeing on the floor but are they happy for wifes,sisters or mothers witnessing such a disgusting and indecent act.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not an over-reaction IMO, being drunk does not excuse this. (as many people seem to think...?)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Ok, maybe I wouldn't be overjoyed to see someone pissing on a relative's grave, but:

a) once you're dead, you're dead, I can't see that it matters that much
b) it wasn't a grave.

Some people don't have a grave as their remains were never found.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here