Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

War memorial Pissing Student

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
he didn't just get 'beered up' and have a piss in a doorway or quiet corner of the street like most of us though ,did he ? I suspect, but can't prove, it was a drunken 'look at me pissing over this prominent stone thing in the middle of the street aren't I funny girls ' type piss,I doubt he meant it as a calculated mark of disrespect, hopefully he was too drunk to realise it was a war memorial, if I thought he did I would be arguing for a much stiffer sentence, I agree prison would have been harsh, and in this case the penalty seems about right, personally I would like to see him spending his community service working with wounded and disabled veterans of all conflicts going back to ww2.

Is your brain injury from combat?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Is your brain injury from combat?
you've already been banned for making a tasteless remark to do with it being a pity I wasn't killed by an IED in northern ireland, you apologised that time and I accepted it, i can take banter or even general insults, but if you cross the line with me again in the above manner , I WILL give you a hiding , I promise you that, and I do know people who know you.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
you've already been banned for making a tasteless remark to do with it being a pity I wasn't killed by an IED in northern ireland, you apologised that time and I accepted it, i can take banter or even general insults, but if you cross the line with me again in the above manner , I WILL give you a hiding , I promise you that, and I do know people who know you.

Bushy, the guy is a c**t. A Grade A example of why I am finding this site more & more tiresome.
What an utterly loathsome thing to say & if any of these mod's are reading this then he needs banning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

big words chubby man.... it's okay for you to make jokes about your grandfather bombing Germany is it? Same difference; my missus has German heritage. Your comments are often inflammatory and offensive, and not just with me.

And sadly I am aware there are only 2 or 3 degrees of separation between us two. But, it's unlikely you'll ever pop up in, or move with, my immediate circle of friends. But, if you do please say hello.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bushy, the guy is a c**t. A Grade A example of why I am finding this site more & more tiresome.
What an utterly loathsome thing to say & if any of these mod's are reading this then he needs banning.

Legit question, Bushy is not quite right in the head, just curious how it happened.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sending him to jail would just have been pointless. He is not a threat to society, he was pissed to pieces.

Community service is correct in m view

1 night only

Apr 29, 2009
I reiterate that I think it was a silly thing to do, but what is all this "symbolism" rubbish? Do you also think people burning flags should be wrong? Is speaking out against war a crime, if it involves our troops?

Edit: Not our troops, the Government's troops, they're not my troops.

Yes flag burning should be an offence

Speaking out against war is what everyone should do regardless of whose troops are involved

But the real reason for me even bothering is that last comment. I do hope you are joking but if not then stop for a minute and think and I mean really think about the country you live in. Then compare it to most of the other countrys around the world.

You see the freedom we all have and the comforts we enjoy the standard of living we have, health care, mass employment, high life expectancy, hardly any real poverty, benefit system etc etc well the goverments troops make sure we can enjoy them pretty much untroubled for the last 65 years and counting. But if they are not your troops I guess maybe you should go somewhere else and see how you get on.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
big words chubby man.... it's okay for you to make jokes about your grandfather bombing Germany is it? Same difference; my missus has German heritage. Your comments are often inflammatory and offensive, and not just with me.

And sadly I am aware there are only 2 or 3 degrees of separation between us two. But, it's unlikely you'll ever pop up in, or move with, my immediate circle of friends. But, if you do please say hello.
I didn't imply that I'd pop up in your circle of friends, I meant I'd find you to introduce myself, never mind, I'll bide my time , and we'll see if your quite as chirpy when we do eventually meet, and we will.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
WHat he did was wrong, however the punishment does not fit the crime compared to the punishment people get for more serious crimes like assault. A friend of mine was beating up by 3 people in a pub, stamped on repeatedly whilst on the ground and in a coma for 2 days. The judge handed out a lesser sentence.
If he is apologetic and it is a first offence then community service is the correct answer. I think it should be within a churchyard or perhaps working with ex serviceman, however now the press have destroyed the guy there is no opportunity for him to make amends discretely. 250 hours is way over the top.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I know smudge, I generally roll with the punches, but that remark was too much, given the amount of kids that are coming back with brain injuries.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As an ex-soldier the photo of a young man pissing on a memorial sickens me, friends of mine lost their lives and I and others put our lives on the line, he was stupid ... BUT ...

he was drunk and we live in a society that encourages drinking and drunkeness is in its own way celebrated.

When soldiers returned from the Falklands having be apart from their families for months what did we do first day back ... have an almighty piss up and some very reckless behaviour happened!

Maybe his punishment should have been sitting with blokes like myself and a couple of real old soldiers and have to listen to us for four hours, that would have been punishment and maybe understanding.

In summary a twat but should get a kick up the arse and no more, we've all done something daft and it seems that this lad really regrets his actions!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't imply that I'd pop up in your circle of friends, I meant I'd find you to introduce myself, never mind, I'll bide my time , and we'll see if your quite as chirpy when we do eventually meet, and we will.

Highly unlikely, as I dont make a habit of surrounding myself with people like you. But if you want to embark on some weirdo stalking mission then that is up to you.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
just to play devils advocate here. My mate is a captain in the army. When he came back from Iraq and later Afghanistan he spent most of his working time in police stations and court defending the character of his soldiers who although normally pleasant enough had been hitting town and smashing everything and anyone up in site. There is no doubt these guys were traumatised by the shit they had to deal with out there but I wonder if they got 250 hours community service for potentially ruining peoples lives...Which crime is worse?

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
If I( were a judge and the excuse served up was "sorry yer honour, I was pissed" I'd give em double bubble!

Wanker. Nuff said.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
just to play devils advocate here. My mate is a captain in the army. When he came back from Iraq and later Afghanistan he spent most of his working time in police stations and court defending the character of his soldiers who although normally pleasant enough had been hitting town and smashing everything and anyone up in site. There is no doubt these guys were traumatised by the shit they had to deal with out there but I wonder if they got 250 hours community service for potentially ruining peoples lives...Which crime is worse?
if you beat someone up for no reason you've got to be punished , whoever you are,to be honest I don't think the crimes are comparable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here