Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vokes to sign Monday

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So, we no longer sign players for there quality the deciding factor now is only that we can afford them.Even if the said player is a poor quality striker that nobody wants, because he has only scored 5 goals since and including 2009.:dunce:

So how many times have you seen Vokes play? I haven't so will give him a chance and trust Gus and our scouts have found a good player. I really don't understand the abuse some players get on here, especially when they haven't even signed for us yet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
According to another thread he has tweeted David East (youth team keeper ex Wolves) that he has signed on loan for the season witha permenant in the summer if all goes well.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Bas Savage came to us in his mid-twenties, having scored TWO goals in his career, he then went on to score a goal every 4 games he played (including sub appearances.)

Vokes is 22 years old, has scored 4 times for Wales. If you take away his four seasons at Wolves (The first being in the Championship, stuck behind Chris Iwelumo and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, and the other 3 being Premiership seasons) he averages a goal every 3 games. He's been unlucky with his loan spells, picking up an injury after 13 minutes at Bristol City and being recalled whilst at Norwich. How people can moan about this signing is beyond belief.

Get a grip people :shrug

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Erm, we accepted the bid for Hoskins and might have accepted one for Noone.

Yes but I think Tony and Gus have a good stratagy, let agents allow unglamourous sides to make bids and put the pressure on the players/agents. Noone and Hoskins would be mad to go to the two bidding clubs just to up wages, if they hang around they have a great chance to get improved contracts and if a big club comes in Gus and Tony will wish them well, take the money and reinvest.

They both love it at the Amex and I would thing any major moves out will be loans or at the end of the season.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Vokes has loads of championship experience just what we need, just need the young defender to choose us over Ipswich and Huddersfield and we will have improved the squad again.

Well done so far Tony and Gus,

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Erm, we accepted the bid for Hoskins and might have accepted one for Noone.

According to Gus, we did NOT accept the bid for Hoskins... who do you believe? B'muff's desperate chairman, or Gus? I'm going for the latter...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but the last Wolves reserve we signed was quite a success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here