Vokes to sign Monday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He has been about quite a bit and nobody has gone for him so there must be reservations. We have a need though and hopefully he will fit in with our team play. At the age of 22 he can improve. Not great news for Toby.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How many clubs has Vokes been on loan to in the last 3 years, that did not sign him up because of his lack of goals

We don't know why they didn't sign him up. Might not have afforded Wolves valuation. Might not have afforded Vokes' wages. Might not have appealed to Vokes.

Bristol was the only club he played on loan for without scoring. He had one substitute appearance.

Burnley - 3 starts (6 subs) for 2 goals
Norwich - 1(3) for 1
Sheff Utd - 4(2) for 1
Bristol - 0(1) for 0
Leeds - 8(0) for 1

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He isn't ever going to be a prolific goal scorer. Not that type of player. We need a player to hold the ball up and bring our prolific goal scorer in the game more. That is exactly the type of player Vokes is. Quality signing IMO.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
You do realsie if he'd banged in twice as many goals as he has either Wolves wouldn't be selling him or he'd be worth way too much for us?

So, we no longer sign players for there quality the deciding factor now is only that we can afford them.Even if the said player is a poor quality striker that nobody wants, because he has only scored 5 goals since and including 2009.:dunce:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
How many goals had Ashley Barnes scored before joining Brighton?

How many had Leon Knight scored?

How many had Kurt Nogan scored?

Your point Mutts Nutts is meaningless.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
... And players with scoring records in Scottish Prem and come and do nothing.

I really don't give a stuff about his past. He sounds the part. What I care about will be what he plays like for us and how he contributes to the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports