Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo's dig at Forster

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Forgotten this........:eek:

Rory Fallon's goal appeared to send Swindon en route to a Cardiff meeting with Bristol City.

But Adam Virgo scored in injury time of extra time to send the contest to a shoot-out and he also netted the decisive spot kick as Tommy Mooney and Andy Gurney missed for Swindon.

Not to mention what, nine goals, as a converted centre forward under McGhee when we stayed up in the division above

He's not Pele but he deserves a bit more respect than some people are giving him.

Look. Forster has an opinion of his worth. the manager has a diferent one. And one of them will be out of contract at the end of thes eason.

Now, what are the chances of Charlton offering a 37 year old striker a 2 year deal. Slim I would say

I really hated this moment, Virgo out, Knight out, Bloom out, Tits out

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_UQtHi5beGg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_UQtHi5beGg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

That's one of the WORST things I have ever seen a Brighton player do. absolute disgrace.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Virgo is typical of many (if not all, excluding Calderon and Painter) of our defenders in the past few years ....they have some very good games, but then inexplicably make multiple f***-ups a week later. However, once played regularly at centre-back, Virgo has played pretty well over all this season. His performance at Elland Road (up until the sending off!) was superb.

Personally, I'd give him quite a bit of slack as he's not only a decent enough player at this level, but also a real fan. He also cannot be accused of not putting in 100%.

Whether that gets him a new contract, who knows.

Virgo is typical of many (if not all, excluding Calderon and Painter) of our defenders in the past few years ....they have some very good games, but then inexplicably make multiple f***-ups a week later. .

oh welcome to watching football a la BHAFC.:facepalm:
In time you will find that you use the phrase "multiple f*** up" with alarming regularity :eek::rant:

Virgo is typical of many (if not all, excluding Calderon and Painter) of our defenders in the past few years ....they have some very good games, but then inexplicably make multiple f***-ups a week later. .

oh welcome to watching football a la BHAFC.:facepalm:
In time you will find that you use the phrase "multiple f*** up" with alarming regularity :eek::rant: sometimes three or four times a game

I really hated this moment, Virgo out, Knight out, Bloom out, Tits out

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_UQtHi5beGg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_UQtHi5beGg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

Still gives me goosebumps.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does this mean Virgo has given Poyet the benefit of the doubt for dropping him?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Neither of which justified his behaviour.

And that behaviour was what. He stated the facts. He is out of contract in June but as the club haven't offered him a new one, under the rules he can talk to other clubs. He stated that he wanted to stay at Brighton. Of the players out of contract in June, Forster was the most valuable to us and probably the one other clubs would be interested in as a short term fix. Obviously that is my opinion and not Poyet's as he gave El Abd a contract!

Look. Forster has an opinion of his worth. the manager has a diferent one. And one of them will be out of contract at the end of thes eason.

Now, what are the chances of Charlton offering a 37 year old striker a 2 year deal. Slim I would say

Why do you mention a 2 year contract. Not sure it has been stated anywhere that Forster wanted 2 years.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So the reasons for getting rid of Virgo are......

1: Local lad
2: Supports the Albion
3: Came through the youth ranks
4: Leading goalscorer in the season where we had our highest finish for 19 years
5: Sold for £1.5million and helped keep the club afloat
6: THAT goal against Swindon
7: Good defender (on his day)

BURN HIM I say

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

4: Leading goalscorer in the season where we had our highest finish for 19 years

BURN HIM I say

There is only one reason to keep Virgo and that is whether he is considered good enough to challenge for a place in a team chasing promotion next year. Personally, I don't think he is but then I'm not in charge of the squad (nor the funding for the squad!).

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
El Presidente

1-6 are sentimental reasons - would you not agree?

7 as you say -- 'on his day'.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Virgo may indeed not be Bobby Moore, but given an hour or so to think about it, I confidently reckon I could name at least a HUNDRED other professionals to have played for the Albion who are worse than him.

Hmmmm, that sounds like a THREAD.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

BURN HIM I say

No room for sentimentality though

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

BURN HIM I say

:clap:

Some of crap posted about him on here really is, well. crap.

Feb 14, 2010
Apologies if fixtures, but he must be referring to Forster in his comments a little bit further down!

From the BBC

Brighton defender Adam Virgo is refusing to let uncertainty over a new contract affect his concentration.

Manager Gus Poyet is not discussing any deals with players until safety is secured in League One, and Virgo is one of those out of contract this summer.

But Virgo told BBC Sussex : "I've seen the game now and know how it works. Every day I train just as hard.
"I haven't thrown my toys out of the pram or gone out to the press and complained. My heart is in the club.

"For me it's just about winning games, playing football and whatever will happen will happen."

Goes to show just how right the club and Poyet were about Foster - the players have the message, this club does not revolve around them

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Virgo. An interesting topic.

However, thinking about it, he'd be a rather good second or third best defender. We've got Elphick to challenge him and maybe one more defender who'd be our best center half, Tunni can be our youngster who we build up for the future, and El-abd is our general cover for anything in our end of the pitch. I think thats enough to push for a promotion.

Feb 14, 2010
Virgo & Elphick are typical english old fashioned centre backs. Both have poor ball control and are an indictment on English football and are examples of why kids should have to play 5 a side until their teens before they get n a full size pitch. Both however ae no worse than most other english third division centre backs. Be great however to have a team full of footballers tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here