Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa a Friday night sell out ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The DHSS will have a heart attack if they're watching on the telly and those able bodied punters fill the disabled seating areas now on sale start a knees up mother brown .

QPR could be with the Holloway BOUNCE, Sheffield Wednesday will bring TWENTY thousand or more so OBVIOUS sell out and LEEDS will bring MILLIONS

All of the above could bring the max away allocation. And, unless there is a huge away following, we have not been great at filling the rest of the ground ourselves.

Other games are Burton who probably won't bring more than 200 of so, but this game is one where an adult and a kid can come for £15. If we are doing well still, and with the fact this could be one of the last Saturday 3pm games, we could get a lot for this.

Reading won't sell their lot a week later, but could bring 2k if they are still in the hunt. If this is still a Saturday game, then this could also sell out.

Into April we have Blackburn who wont bring many. Can we sell 2500 more home tickets at home to Blackburn that we can shift for Villa? I doubt it....

Bristol a couple of weeks later will see between 1k and 2k away fans, depending on how they are doing. Less if doing bad and it gets moved.

Birmingham on a Tuesday night won't sell out, even if us and them are flying.

I would suggest all will be 28k gates. The lowest will be Blackburn, subject to any being moved. IMO

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Surely everyone will wanna be there to see us knock 6 past Villa and climb to the top of the table?

Wonder if the school shelf is being used for schools or if it will be available for regular sales if required?

Villa are hardly a must see side at the Amex,on a cold wet night in November SKY is too good to resist

Villa are hardly a must see side at the Amex,on a cold wet night in November SKY is too good to resist

Brighton are the must see side. For some, people will choose games when we play former premiership clubs, but for a good number, who we play and if it's on TV and in many cases, even when it's play is of little relevance.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
196 General tickets and 53 i live in Lewes and surrounding areas not including Newhaven left at the start of play today .

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Doesn't it just warm the cockles of yer heart.
The best squad in 30 odd years. Exciting, skillful players. Class players. The team are strong, united and determined to get promotion. Villa are attractive opposition at this level. A former giant of the game. A side who have won every domestic honour plus the European Cup and you prefer your armchair to a sizzling night at the Amex.
( p.s Have I fallen victim to a wind up here? )

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Doesn't it just warm the cockles of yer heart.
The best squad in 30 odd years. Exciting, skillful players. Class players. The team are strong, united and determined to get promotion. Villa are attractive opposition at this level. A former giant of the game. A side who have won every domestic honour plus the European Cup and you prefer your armchair to a sizzling night at the Amex.
( p.s Have I fallen victim to a wind up here? )

Well he has got an incredibly long journey ;)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So who WOULD constitute 'must see' opposition, then? Real Madrid? The Harlem ****ing Globetrotters?

Have to agree - Villa are a big team , down on form at present but likely to start rising now bruce is there (unfortunately)

That said 30k is above what I thought we would manage in the modern era. I honestly thought they would struggle to get 22k six years ago, glad I was wrong.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Well he has got an incredibly long journey ;)

Oh yes, of course, I was forgetting the incredibly nasty micro-climate in that part of Brighton. Caught in the lea of the Downs and the sea, it is subject to sudden hurricanes and tornadoes and appalling flooding. Constant gale force winds and driving rain, trees uprooted and structural damage, would put anyone off such a journey to the ground. Better play safe and stay at home, snug and safe with a hot water bottle and a steaming mug of cocoa..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here