Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa a Friday night sell out ?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
With hindsite, it's very surprising that the club designated this a CAT B game rather than CAT A.

The same as Barnsley.......

Very odd. £6k lost from Villa fans straightaway. That's 500 7Stars entries to you Mr Barber. Mr Bloom will not be happy!

PG

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
With hindsite, it's very surprising that the club designated this a CAT B game rather than CAT A.

The same as Barnsley.......

But would it then have been a sell out? Cheaper tickets sell better. Suspect had it been more expensive we might not have sold out.

theboybilly

I can't wait for Friday. Aston Villa...what's not to like? Probably the club that for me defines English league football as in they were there from the beginning and have such a rich history. Villa Park is one of the top stadiums and always has been. Arsenal and Manchester United are relatively recent members of the Big Club er, club. The atmosphere should be electric.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I can't wait for Friday. Aston Villa...what's not to like? Probably the club that for me defines English league football as in they were there from the beginning and have such a rich history. Villa Park is one of the top stadiums and always has been. Arsenal and Manchester United are relatively recent members of the Big Club er, club. The atmosphere should be electric.

They don't live up to the billing. Fractious fans.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Apart from the family area only one pair remains - disabled at the front of W1I.

Only 2 totally in the North. 25 in all stands of the lowest priced tickets

Will that be it now?

Reckon that's it , in total there's 141 general left including the disabled and 47 of the heated vibrating seats in the east .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Reckon that's it , in total there's 141 general left including the disabled and 47 of the heated vibrating seats in the east .
Looking good for actual 30K+ then... concerned that "The Shelf" won't be full, but I guess the club are on the case...

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Looking good for actual 30K+ then... concerned that "The Shelf" won't be full, but I guess the club are on the case...

Just upgraded my lads ticket for an adult, chap in ticket office said they were aiming to achieve 30,000+, and looking good to get there.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I reckon they have filled the shelf already , somebody posted earlier in the thread their childrens school had some tickets there , plus the club are selling the disabled seats to able bodied ect punters , i would of thought the shelf would have been sold to the general public before these .

Even when the shelf is used to schools, it's never full. 70% full at best. Not sure if it's the case of used tickets not being used or the club not selling them all. I can understand they don't want open/general sale in an area that's been modified for the benefit of the targeted demographic.

Either way, it's always frustrating to see empty seats and hear of people not being able to buy one! This will be the case on Friday, especially in the ESL and the corporate areas.

It's clear the club don't have a proper facility to offer a ticket exchange, but am surprised the previous 'make do' solution has not been made available. There is always a last minute rush so there will be some disappointing folk. The 'should have bought sooner' argument is valid, but won't be much comfort to those who can't buy seats and then see plenty of empties on the TV Friday night.

Excluding the 47 x 1901 tickets, currently available is:-

North: 3 - all front row former disabled seats
WSL: 24
WSU: 6
South: 20
ESU: 39
ESL: 43 - 24 of which are in the family block E1A and of these there are still 7 pair left.

135 to go

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
plus the club are selling the disabled seats to able bodied ect punters , .
Not sure that this is actually the case - I can't book them through the website and I just phoned the ticket office and they said they can't sell them either. Suggested I phone supporter services but they've gone home...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here