Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa a Friday night sell out ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The club made a further 80 seats available in the west yesterday , todays count is 439 general tickets available + 70 "iv'e got a boat down the marina you know" tickets .

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Without really knowing do the club start the ticket exchange when a stand sells out or wait until the whole stadium sells out ? would make sense to activate it as soon as a part of the ground is sold out as the northstand almost is .

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Without really knowing do the club start the ticket exchange when a stand sells out or wait until the whole stadium sells out ? would make sense to activate it as soon as a part of the ground is sold out as the northstand almost is .

Sadly the whole stadium, which you can kind of understand from their perspective when the differential between stands is limited from a price perspective

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sadly the whole stadium, which you can kind of understand from their perspective when the differential between stands is limited from a price perspective

Understandable yes , cant help thinking more would take advantage of a section by section exchange if it were available though .

Thursday mornings count up is 313 working class tickets + 64 considerably richer than yow tickets

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
An official sellout presumably means 29,500+?

I reckon we will get that, which is remarkable for a Friday night televised fixture. Put it this way, if the game was at Villa Park I reckon Villa would have been pleased enough to get that themselves.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
An official sellout presumably means 29,500+?

I reckon we will get that, which is remarkable for a Friday night televised fixture. Put it this way, if the game was at Villa Park I reckon Villa would have been pleased enough to get that themselves.

This will be 30k if these remaining tickets go , Villa have taken up their allocation + a extra 500 taking their tally to 3002 .

There is no logical reason why the club are not activating it so that punters can make their seats available if they already know they can't go. Doing this does not mean they need to make those tickets for resale, yet.

There are currently around 30 pairs of tickets left (not including 1901) so I'm sure there will be the demand. There is no point inviting STH to make their seats available 24 hours before the game, like they did for Norwich. It's too late.

I have a feeling we will be debating the same thing before the Fulham game too.

Wonder if the 'shelf' will be on regular sale for Villa or is it made available for schools for evening games too?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is no logical reason why the club are not activating it so that punters can make their seats available if they already know they can't go. Doing this does not mean they need to make those tickets for resale, yet.

From the outside, I'd say that the very logical reason is that the whole ticket exchange seems to be a largely manual process. The club may not have the resourcing to handle this en masse.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Wonder if the 'shelf' will be on regular sale for Villa or is it made available for schools for evening games too?
I know that some Brighton Uni students will be on the shelf. But only about 20, so hopefully other groups or individuals will fill it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hairy Muff

I'm guessing, but having people manually fill out a Survey Monkey 'survey' doesn't strike me as there being an efficient automated system in place at the backend. Feels more like some smoke, mirrors and bits of string. And probably come copying and pasting.

Everything you say on this subject makes sense, of course.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
With a week to go to the match , this mornings count is 225 general seats and 60 in the Marx n Sparx seats .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here