Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Couldn't go today, and after all these comments, I'm gutted. Maybe a tenner for the 90 minutes may be justified somewhat if the commentary was anything to go by.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Love this thread. Never in the history of NSC have I seen everyone along the same level of agreement. Vicente is totally and utterly class!

I'm sure he was just bleeding the club dry last month

oh well ...

enjoy

no f*** it

CELEBRATE

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To be at that stadium, watching our team play the style of football we play, with the quality of player that we have, and to top it off with Vicente - is this really happening to us ?

Yes, yes it is. Bloody good, innit?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Two words - Pure Class. I don't think I need to say anymore.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
This is how good he is:

my dad, who is 70 years old and the original stiff upper lip sort of chap, was talking at 100 miles an hour about how amazing Vicente was. It was like listening to an excited child!!

my brother (doesn't usually get to games) who is a "glass is half full" sort, was in stunned silence!
My 8 year old son I thought was going to literally explode!!!! Never realised the words Vicente, Brighton, brilliant, amazing etc could be repeated so many times!

As for me I still have a massive grin - the atmosphere leaving the ground last night was so special. Everyone was so happy, excited, buzzing, chilled etc etc etc etc etc!!!!
Vicente presented a master class last night - and the rest of the boys more than stood up to the plate.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Apparently Johnny Byrne couldn't get his words out while commentating, he was that excited.

f*** knows what Bob Booker is going to be like on Seagulls Player... :eek:

I was at the game last night - but my son who is away at University was listening on Seagulls Player. He text me and told me the run/shot was compared to Maradonna's in '86.

Real shame it didn't go in - it would have been one of those moments reshown over and over again, and talked about by Albion fans for years to come.

Sheer Class.

Keep him fit, and we have a chance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last night at times reminded me of that bit in the Matrix where it all just clicks for Neo.

Vicente was on a different plane of existence to everyone else.

Unbelievable.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Last night at times reminded me of that bit in the Matrix where it all just clicks for Neo.

Vicente was on a different plane of existence to everyone else.
Unbelievable.
This. I & I know a few others spend a lot of the game watching him, not the ball, as when he's on the pitch just about everything flows through him - it really is Matrix-like. I don't remember an Albion player wanting and getting the ball so much :cool::guitar:

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
I'm not one to get carried away by a few cracking performances (I am) but let's make him feel more at home by playing this, the most traditional of Valencia songs, before the game. And is it too much to ask for us all to the learn the pasodoble before the next home game? 20,000 fans doing that would be some sight, no?

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
After the final whistle last night I just had to stay in my seat for a few minutes just to take it all in. In my 28 years of watching the Albion I genuinely don't think I have ever been so blown away by the performance of just one player. I had to pinch myself......amazing ground, great noisy fans and football to die for on the pitch. I never expected to feel like this as an Albion fan.
Let's hope we can keep him for another year. Sheer class.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I'm not one to get carried away by a few cracking performances (I am) but let's make him feel more at home by playing this, the most traditional of Valencia songs, before the game. And is it too much to ask for us all to the learn the pasodoble before the next home game? 20,000 fans doing that would be some sight, no?

Yeah i can just imagine him getting out of bed, sticking this on the record player walking into the garden raising the Spanish flag up the pole with a salute, then onto work.:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here