Vicente to Southampton at end of season.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do find it quite amusing how you think we play hoofball...

I think anybody who has seen your approach play to get the ball to Lambert would be of the same opinion. The pity is you chose to pay to watch that type of football so it takes all sorts to make this world

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Please mods, delete this thread and warn the OP

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
advice-animals-memes-hello-yes-this-dog-batman.jpg

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I think anybody who has seen your approach play to get the ball to Lambert would be of the same opinion. The pity is you chose to pay to watch that type of football so it takes all sorts to make this world

You clearly haven't watched us play very much then. We play the ball around a lot. If Arsenal had scored the goal we did against 'boro, it would be raved about for years.

Would make perfect sense if they go up and we don't. There's no doubt he could do a job in the Premier League, but none of the more established clubs are going to want a player that might only play 15-20 games.

Ledley king and Rio Ferdinand struggle with fitness problems so I think there are going to be clubs in the Premiership who'd sign him on a free transfer if we fail to keep him. There's a fair chance that he'll go back to Spain.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Coz were gonna be in the prem so have some f***ing respect. :lolol:

edit: like we want him.

Oh sorry, I will rephrase, why would he go to a tinpot club on an industrial estate. Sorry about the lack of respect to the industrial estate :) I hear Screwfix are thinking of opening a branch there?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Southampton deserve all the credit they get and I think they will become an established premiership club over next 5 years, Adkins has done a fantastic job and I haven't heard any of his stupid comments this season. i would say we are 2 seasons behind them but I think we will both be in prem within 3 years.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Adkins has done a fantastic job and I haven't heard any of his stupid comments this season.
You mean you haven't listened to any of his post-match interviews???

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
It's a question of culture. A cultured midfielder playing under an ex cultured midfielder in a cultured city. I have more culture in my belly button than there is in all of Southampton

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Vicente is GOD, he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, he needs to parade down the beach in the summer with his glorious chest out, like he did against portsmouth, but for him to switch to a club, where the manager promises players 'expert' rub downs in the the sore area's after a tough game, i dont think so, considering GUS is the reason he is here, i dont think he will jump ship, and if he does leave, it certainly wont be to the likes of you x

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Doubt he will go to Saints, but for certain there's gonna be a fair few clubs sniffing around him.

God I hope he stays with us tho.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You clearly haven't watched us play very much then. We play the ball around a lot. If Arsenal had scored the goal we did against 'boro, it would be raved about for years.

I've seen Southampton a lot this season, and while it's true that they like to play it around if the opposition let them, plan B involves a more direct approach. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard Adkins talk about the "tactical adjustment we made at half-time," which has been essentially: give it to Frazer Richardson to cross it to Lambert.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I thought about this one too, if it's money he's chasing or just the Prem (which is just about money anyway) maybe but I think his long stay at Valencia says it's more the seaside/cafe lifestyle, Spanish speaking manager/teammates and playing regular 1st team football in a passing style side - so I would be surprised and disappointed if he moved anywhere - I'm sure Mrs Vicente (kids?) will have a say too and here, Brighton wins hands down over virtually every other football club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've seen Southampton a lot this season, and while it's true that they like to play it around if the opposition let them, plan B involves a more direct approach. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard Adkins talk about the "tactical adjustment we made at half-time," which has been essentially: give it to Frazer Richardson to cross it to Lambert.
Ah this thread just got interesting. I'm looking forward to JJB's latest bullshitting clap-trap, without knowing who you are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports