Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente to Southampton at end of season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's a question of culture. A cultured midfielder playing under an ex cultured midfielder in a cultured city. I have more culture in my belly button than there is in all of Southampton
:lol: Joking aside, that's a good point. He's not after money, and while SCC will be in the prem next year, if he wanted to be it wouldn't be with them.

Vicente is GOD, he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, he needs to parade down the beach in the summer with his glorious chest out
This thread has improved.

considering GUS is the reason he is here, i dont think he will jump ship, and if he does leave, it certainly wont be to the likes of you x
Indeed. If Gus left, we'd be in trouble. But as it stands, he speaks the same language as the manager and assistant manager, enjoys the city and has settled here. If Gus stays, I don't think he'd go to another English club, he could have done that last summer if he wanted to.

Yes it could happen but it probably won't.

Wayne Rooney to Brighton - could it happen?

1 month without a ridiculous transfer rumour on NSC - Could it happen?

:lol:

I thought about this one too, if it's money he's chasing or just the Prem (which is just about money anyway) maybe but I think his long stay at Valencia says it's more the seaside/cafe lifestyle, Spanish speaking manager/teammates and playing regular 1st team football in a passing style side - so I would be surprised and disappointed if he moved anywhere - I'm sure Mrs Vicente (kids?) will have a say too and here, Brighton wins hands down over virtually every other football club.
Exactly.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What a stupid question? How about Swansea, Norwich....

Personally he would be silly to go to a premier league club until he can can play a whole season because he is unlikely to be first choice.... he hasnt proven it in more than a few games yet..... yes he was a world beater and he still got it when you have championship defences but in the premiership where fitness levels are even higher? Not sure.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I've seen Southampton a lot this season, and while it's true that they like to play it around if the opposition let them, plan B involves a more direct approach. I've lost count of the number of times I've heard Adkins talk about the "tactical adjustment we made at half-time," which has been essentially: give it to Frazer Richardson to cross it to Lambert.

Whats wrong with working it wide to the full backs who both push on when we go 4-3-1-2 and whipping balls into the box??? Doesn't mean we play long ball, although we have the option to go direct into Lambert, it's not hoofed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Vicente, upon coming to England, had the pick of pretty much any team he'd have wanted - with the possible exception of the big guns at the top of the Premiership. Even then, it's a question of fitness rather than talent. Which clubs wouldn't want him? Point is - he chose Brighton.

So we're told, it's apparently not an issue of money, nor even of prestige. It's an issue of Gus, his philosophy and his culture - and his standing in Spain. Since then, it's also been a case of lifestyle, culture and professional support. We can flatter ourselves that while Valencia is a lovely city with all that it offers - way ahead of here in terms of loveliness - Brighton isn't such the almighty gear-crunch it could have been, at least not as much as some other places across England.

So if it's not about club size, money and position in the league - and it is about happiness, culture and support - what can Southampton offer him that Gus can't?

Last edited:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
the New Forest, Maritime history, lots of open space, the Test Valley.

I heard he is a big fan of Maritime history

sfc1976

Feb 5, 2011
Why do you lot talk about Southampton so much? A little weird isn't it? In 30 years of following Saints I'm not sure anyone has mentioned Brighton really.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Why do you lot talk about Southampton so much? A little weird isn't it? In 30 years of following Saints I'm not sure anyone has mentioned Brighton really.

We've grown up with South Today and Meridian Tonight, which have taught us that Southampton is the centre of the universe, while no-one on there knows where Brighton is, so it's hardly surprising you've never heard either the city or the club mentioned. Sadly, the digital switchover means that most of us will now be talking instead about Gillingham, who are almost as fascinating.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Whats wrong with working it wide to the full backs who both push on when we go 4-3-1-2 and whipping balls into the box??? Doesn't mean we play long ball, although we have the option to go direct into Lambert, it's not hoofed.

Nothing wrong with it, just a bit predictable - but while it keeps working, why change? And while we're chatting, I disagree with people who say Saints are a one-man team. Kelvin Davis is pretty good too.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
maritime history??

i am not sure thats gonna be high on his list of priorities :lol:

Well i'm not going to lie, there's not a lot there to attract me back, hence why I've been in Bristol since I finished uni. Southampton is massively behind the times although they've got a few developments on the go now.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
We've grown up with South Today and Meridian Tonight, which have taught us that Southampton is the centre of the universe, while no-one on there knows where Brighton is, so it's hardly surprising you've never heard either the city or the club mentioned. Sadly, the digital switchover means that most of us will now be talking instead about Gillingham, who are almost as fascinating.
this

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

I live in Pompey so still get South Today.

Can keep you updated on Southampton, and more importantly Reading.

Can you believe they didn't get city status. Shocking. Reading is the bomb. Makes Southampton look very average.

:)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I live in Pompey so still get South Today.

Can keep you updated on Southampton, and more importantly Reading.

Can you believe they didn't get city status. Shocking. Reading is the bomb. Makes Southampton look very average.

:)

Fab, thanks - and make sure you don't leave out Romsey, Basingstoke or Winchester. They all sound such amazing places, with so much exciting stuff going on. It's my dream to visit them one day, but I'm worried that I'd find it a bit overwhelming - I might have to warm up at the Rio carnival or Mardi Gras in New Orleans first.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why is everyone getting worked up? I can't imagine Saints would even want him.

Not because he isn't good, but because they have Lallana, who seems fairly decent to me. I fail to see how signing a thirty something Spaniard with a terrible injury record is going to be high on their list of priorities assuming they go up.

Relaaaaaaaaax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here