Very important points on saturday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
If Donnie curl up and defend in the face of our overwhelmingly superior strike force they'll get mullered. However, if they apply the slightest bit of pressure, get us on the back foot a la Carlisle last season then we'll win 4-3. Just.

Defend? Whats that? Never had to do it before. Just knock it around until your overwhelmingly superior strike force cry for Gus to get them out of it.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Must bounce this on Saturday evening! Tottenham was a tough game and we gifted them the win! Doncaster? Hmm, relegation fodder.

Feel free to bounce my post too. :D

Will do!
But you dont get the point (as on Saturday LOL)... the result wont matter in the long run. Lets see where we stand at Christmas before we do any "told you so's"... and even then, I wont listen!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Defend? Whats that? Never had to do it before. Just knock it around until your overwhelmingly superior strike force cry for Gus to get them out of it.

You never went to Withdean last season then? Or the Amex last Saturday?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but on the back foot our defending was ropey last season. And its weaker this season as things stand.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
You never went to Withdean last season then? Or the Amex last Saturday?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but on the back foot our defending was ropey last season. And its weaker this season as things stand.

No, I'm afraid that I'm as ignorant of your team as many of your posters seem about ours... although I was always rooting for you, and saw a lot of short highlights.
I know Greer and he seemed to be a decent CB with us in L1.. solid, but not outstanding. Having said that, he'd have walked into our back four towards the end of last season... I'm shuddering even now when I think about who we had to throw in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No, I'm afraid that I'm as ignorant of your team as many of your posters seem about ours... although I was always rooting for you, and saw a lot of short highlights.
I know Greer and he seemed to be a decent CB with us in L1.. solid, but not outstanding. Having said that, he'd have walked into our back four towards the end of last season... I'm shuddering even now when I think about who we had to throw in.

Sounds like a goal fest in prospect then :thumbsup:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Lets not get fooled into thinking any team in this division is weaker. Blackpool were favourites to go down and got promoted. Norwich would have been classed as weak at the start of last season.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
I dont think anybody seriously does Dan. And if some do, they're in for a rude awakening.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Goldstone

The last game at the Goldstone against Doncaster was a dead cert win and we made it close. Left it late.

This one I am not so sure about.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Will do!
But you dont get the point (as on Saturday LOL)... the result wont matter in the long run. Lets see where we stand at Christmas before we do any "told you so's"... and even then, I wont listen!

:D Pre-season is an exciting time! I like Doncaster as a club and any Doncaster supporters I have met have been decent. So I hope you stay up!

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
:D Pre-season is an exciting time! I like Doncaster as a club and any Doncaster supporters I have met have been decent. So I hope you stay up!

Thanks CG, we will... no matter what the result is on Saturday.
And we are a friendly lot, which is something I'm proud of.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I was going to say "grow up" but then I saw your age on your profile...

Why all the animosity and belittling of our club? We've all got 0 points so far..

we're just confident - don't forget we've all waited a long long time for this. i don't think anybody is belittling donny, certainly there's no animosity. glad we're playing you, should be a crackin match against two good passing sides... and i for one will be attempting to enter the away end councourse post match for a pint and chat with your lot.

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
we're just confident - don't forget we've all waited a long long time for this. i don't think anybody is belittling donny, certainly there's no animosity. glad we're playing you, should be a crackin match against two good passing sides... and i for one will be attempting to enter the away end councourse post match for a pint and chat with your lot.

Hi Les,

My post was aimed at the individual poster, not the majority on here who have been very welcoming. Should be a good day, irrespective of the complete lack of P&R info for away supporters (you'll see that's a particular gripe of mine...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports