Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very important points on saturday

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not sure I've seen one post about how the points are required.

Lets hope the players are more focused on the game than we all are.

I'm sure will be a different story when the game starts but understandably at the moment its all stadium / stadium / stadium.

Be absolutely brilliant to start with a win and even dare i say it go to Pompscum top of the league and top of the south coast.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Not sure I've seen one post about how the points are required.

Lets hope the players are more focused on the game than we all are.

I'm sure will be a different story when the game starts but understandably at the moment its all stadium / stadium / stadium.

Be absolutely brilliant to start with a win and even dare i say it go to Pompscum top of the league and top of the south coast.

I hear you, but come on, what pie are you most looking forward to?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Opening post is spot on. The most important points on saturday are the three on offer for a win. Glad I went to the Spurs game as it was very difficult to concentrate on the game with Stadium and festivities grabbing all my attention. I cannot wait for some COMPETITIVE soccerball to commence.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
i`m sure Gus will have the players spot on.
my only concern is that most Donnie fans are convinced they are going to beat us.
bookies have us just shorter than evens.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i`m sure Gus will have the players spot on.
my only concern is that most Donnie fans are convinced they are going to beat us.
bookies have us just shorter than evens.

Of course.

Funny one, I feel absolutely convinced we will win which i think most people do. Doncaster no mugs though , they been in there a few years and play good football. Their fans also happy with the new signings and you know Billy Sharp can be decent on his day, didn't he rip us apart for scunny once or was that Hooper ?

To start with a win would be a brilliant result what with the occasion

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
6-0 I reckon, same as our last first game in a new home.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
you watch the crowd ,we lose a few and the newbies will give it a miss

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
In footballing terms it is possibly the most ideal fixture to have first up. Of course, Donny are no mugs but they majorly lost their way last season, almost culminating in a relegation. I think the boys will be up for it and if they can play a bit with their heads as well as their hearts, we should be off to a winning start.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's going to be a tough game, which has possibly been forgotten a little a bit in all the new stadium euphoria. I think we looked at our most vulnerable last season when sides passed it about against us and as good as Dunky is on the ball, he's got a massive task on his hands keeping Billy Sharp quiet. I'm hoping the feel good factor and momentum will see us through but could be delt a big dose of reality come the final whistle. We can't afford to be complacent, recall Watford winning 3-2 at Norwich opening day last season. Some tricky games in Pompey/Cardiff away coming up too so it'll be quite important to get an early 3 points in the bag.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
In footballing terms it is possibly the most ideal fixture to have first up. Of course, Donny are no mugs but they majorly lost their way last season, almost culminating in a relegation. I think the boys will be up for it and if they can play a bit with their heads as well as their hearts, we should be off to a winning start.

IIRC they had a lot of injuries. Those players are back now and they've added to the squad too. Wouldn't read to much into the way they finished the season.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I have to say, a bit worried about this, Doncaster have never raelly struggled in this league and can play some good football, and they have a consistant Championship goal scorer.

Getting a winning momentum at Amex is VITAL.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
They are probably one of the poorer and least ambitious clubs in the division, so this is the sort of team we need to be beating if we don't want to struggle this season.
It will be a good indication of our abilities, Donny are no mugs but are hardly likely to set the league on fire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here