Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very important points on saturday

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Opening day results are hard to read into but we need to start our new home on the front foot and as has been mentioned we have 2 tough trips to Pompey and Cardiff after sat so it wouldn't be inconceivable to get 0 points from those. Doncaster is a bloody hard game. They will have a go and fancy themselves. Dangerous. We need to be on it and step up

Money on 2 - 2 as a cover bet for me

I've always felt opening day results mean very little in terms of how the rest of the season pans out, most teams are unknown quantities with new signings in the mix. Swindon vs Gillingham two seasons ago is a prime example, Swindon lost 5-0 and ended up in the play off final, Gillingham were relegated. I'm pretty sure Norwich had a shocker in their first game last year.

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
I've always felt opening day results mean very little in terms of how the rest of the season pans out, most teams are unknown quantities with new signings in the mix. Swindon vs Gillingham two seasons ago is a prime example, Swindon lost 5-0 and ended up in the play off final, Gillingham were relegated. I'm pretty sure Norwich had a shocker in their first game last year.

Norwich lost 2-3 to Watford first game last seson, and 1-7 to Colchester the season before, but ended up promoted in both seasons.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Norwich lost 2-3 to Watford first game last seson, and 1-7 to Colchester the season before, but ended up promoted in both seasons.

Bloody hell I forgot about the Colchester game, although i bet there glad they got smashed because it drew their attention to Lambert.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
He! He! I like this stuff (childish, I know, but..hey!)
Calderon to score first, right. Never heard of him (I dont pay much attention to lower league teams) but at 33/1 its a steal!
Subject of cars... just off to pick mine up from its service. The garage bloke has a sleek sports thingy and its so highly tuned its always breaking down. Whereas, my old banger just keeps going to the end.
An Omen!!!! Its an Omen!!!
League 1 wannabees v The Arsenal of the north.

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
Bloody hell I forgot about the Colchester game, although i bet there glad they got smashed because it drew their attention to Lambert.

There you go... maybe you WILL have something to take out of Saturday; we can draw your attention to Billy Sharp!
(Then, just the odd £5m and you can have him... simples!)

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
League 1 wannabees v The Arsenal of the north.

The Arsenal of the north!! What injury prone, Overhyped, No stomach for a fight, Always crumble at the end of the season?

For what its worth i'm not taking your boys lightly, You have a good squad and in Kyle Bennett a player i wouldn't have minded seeing replace his brother.
Good luck for the season, Just don't spoil the party on Saturday :thumbsup:

Diar

Apr 12, 2011
The Arsenal of the north!! What injury prone, Overhyped, No stomach for a fight, Always crumble at the end of the season?

For what its worth i'm not taking your boys lightly, You have a good squad and in Kyle Bennett a player i wouldn't have minded seeing replace his brother.
Good luck for the season, Just don't spoil the party on Saturday :thumbsup:

I knew that one was open to the shaper witted to get hold of!
Should have gone for Doncasterlona instead.
Truthfully, I think you have the momentum from promotion, playing good stuff, a settled team, packed house, surreal atmosphere, daunting support, and a wave of emotion.
Our team has a few changes who need to settle in. Inview of this I too think you'll win on Saturday.
I also think you'll do well this season, but I also think we're well-underestimated and a tight-knit unit that can play football too. I really fancy us to rattle a few cages once we settle in.
We've let Rowan Vine go after 4 weeks training with us. Totally unfair to the lad, and not like us at all. Leaves me thinking that this move frees up part of the wages for the signing of the "Mr Mysterio" I was talking about; 24 years old, Premiership, England u-21, needs career rebuild after injury (what SOD does best). If it happens it will be fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here