Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Vardy to Arsenal

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
How can Arsenal have better players when Leicester won the league, what a load of rubbish lol.
But thanks for the laughs, you cant say Arsenal better because over years a bigger and have been higher in the league, your only as good as recent times and that shows Leicester are better and have better players than Arsenal as if they didnt Arsenal would have won the league.
Pure Dross.

So, to clarify, the players Leicester have are better than any other team in the PL?

Put another way, if you were a fan of any other club in that league (including Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.) you'd want the Leicester players over your own?

Or, is it possible that the Leicester team was a better side than any other, allowing them to become stronger as a unit than they were ever likely to achieve as individuals?

If Vardy were to leave, he would be playing alongside Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere (divisive I know) and Sanchez to name a few. Do you honestly believe that Leiceste have players of better quality than that at this moment in time?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How can Arsenal have better players when Leicester won the league, what a load of rubbish lol.

You are joking, right?
You are saying that Leicester, man for man, have better players than Arsenal :lolol:

Their achievement is phenomenal BECAUSE they don't have the individuals. They are a brilliant team who tactically out-thought and out-fought everyone this season.

Cech or Schmeichal? Cech
Bellerin or Simpson? Simpson
Koscielny or Huth? Koscielny
Ramsey/Cazorla/Xhaka/Wilshire or Andy King? Arsenal lads.
Ozil or Drinkwater? Ozil
Sanchez or Marc Albrighton? Sanchez

Apart from Kante and Mahrez no one can possibly say Leicester have better footballers.

If again that's an additional complement to the amazing work they did this year and the embarrassment caused to teams like Arsenal.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
So, to clarify, the players Leicester have are better than any other team in the PL?

Put another way, if you were a fan of any other club in that league (including Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.) you'd want the Leicester players over your own?

Or, is it possible that the Leicester team was a better side than any other, allowing them to become stronger as a unit than they were ever likely to achieve as individuals?

If Vardy were to leave, he would be playing alongside Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere (divisive I know) and Sanchez to name a few. Do you honestly believe that Leiceste have players of better quality than that at this moment in time?

You said overall Arsenal have better players which they dont, Arsenal was miles behind Leicester so what you spoke was RUBBISH, yes id prefer Drinkwater over Wiltshire, yes id prefer Vardy over Giroud, Yes id prefer Morgan over Koscheilny (However spell it) yes prefer Konte over Gnabry. Yes id prefer Mahrez over Sanchez etc etc.
They won the league so come on back to reality that means they have the best squad and bunch of players out of any other side in the division for one season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
But thanks for the laughs, you cant say Arsenal better because over years a bigger and have been higher in the league, your only as good as recent times and that shows Leicester are better and have better players than Arsenal as if they didnt Arsenal would have won the league.
Pure Dross.

Stoke, West Ham and Southampton finished above Chelsea, does that mean they all have better players than Chelsea?

Simplistic nonsense to suggest that Leicester have the best squad in the league because they won the title; they relied on pretty much everything but the quality of their squad to win it.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Stoke, West Ham and Southampton finished above Chelsea, does that mean they all have better players than Chelsea?

Simplistic nonsense to suggest that Leicester have the best squad in the league because they won the title; they relied on pretty much everything but the quality of their squad to win it.

How can these teams not have better players when over 38 games they beat them on points, so meaning they have a better squad and can perform under pressure better, a lot of you people so led on names, players go out of form eg Hazard was exceptional for one and bit years but players go out of form and players can be better players at smaller clubs thats why transfers occur

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
You said overall Arsenal have better players which they dont, Arsenal was miles behind Leicester so what you spoke was RUBBISH, yes id prefer Drinkwater over Wiltshire, yes id prefer Vardy over Giroud, Yes id prefer Morgan over Koscheilny (However spell it) yes prefer Konte over Gnabry. Yes id prefer Mahrez over Sanchez etc etc.
They won the league so come on back to reality that means they have the best squad and bunch of players out of any other side in the division for one season.

Your writing style hurts my brain, eyes and sensibilities.

Do you recognise (or understand) the concept of a team overachieving based on a solid foundation of hard work and camaraderie rather than relying on the qualities of 11 individuals?

By your logic, taken to an extreme, any cup upset where a lower league team knocks out a PL side indicates that they have (on that day) the better players. Correct?

Actually, I've re-read it again and I'm pretty sure you're on a wind up...

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne

That good Arsenal players that Leicester outscored them by 68 goals to 65 so yes i do believe the quality Leicester have is better as stats show leicester scored 3 more goals and also achieved the title which Arsenal cant buy with massive wages over leicester and transfer fees paid and points wise Leicester beat Arsenal by 10 points so yes Leicester do have better quality than that.
Your obviousally a Arsenal fan but come on, come back to reality, you have luxery players who perform on occassions.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Your writing style hurts my brain, eyes and sensibilities.

By your logic, taken to an extreme, any cup upset where a lower league team knocks out a PL side indicates that they have (on that day) the better players. Correct?

Actually, I've re-read it again and I'm pretty sure you're on a wind up...

You can idiot, Cup games ONE OFF, League is 38 games. Now shush.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pure Dross.

Arsenal do have much better players.... of course they do - they just didnt show it or spent large chunks injured.

Plus Leicester didn't have the distraction of European football.

Are you also saying they have better players than City and Chelsea?

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
How can these teams not have better players when over 38 games they beat them on points, so meaning they have a better squad and can perform under pressure better, a lot of you people so led on names, players go out of form eg Hazard was exceptional for one and bit years but players go out of form and players can be better players at smaller clubs thats why transfers occur

This is all over one season right? I might agree if Leicester win the league again or even get into Europe but that has yet to be proven. Consistently Arsenal have performed to gain a top four place which is no mean feat, it's a conversation really for four or five seasons from now. Can't really ever see Arsenal in a relegation battle but is that the same for Leicester? Don't get me wrong it was a brilliant performance but only time will tell if they can sustain it. As for if Leicester have a better squad, it's a no from me but were they the best side last season, yeah obviously. Lets watch the pressure on Mahrez and Vardy to "better" themselves intensify and it will for sure, before you know it they are a mid table team again, which is still great for a long suffering Albion fan but I can't see that kind of pressure ever being on Arsenal, well not in my lifetime anyway.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Tactics, management styles, training methods, team morale, team chemistry, nutrition, standards of facilities, standard of coaching staff and so much more are all vital factors of the success of any squad; you can club together all the world-class talent you like, but if they get sent out with the wrong tactics, mentality, coaching etc, they won't perform to the best of their abilities.

Leicester got the other factors right and managed to squeeze everything they could out of a mediocre bunch of players with a few talented ones mixed in. A Premier League winners medal does not automatically make Wes Morgan, Robert Huth, Danny Simpson and the like world-class players.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Im not convinced he's going to go.... its a bit more money, Leicester will/are paying him a fortune too.

At Leicester he is guaranteed to play. Certainly not the case at Arsenal.
Depends if another 20k a week is worth sitting on the bench for.... Leics are already paying him vast sums by all accounts.

Thats the beauty of the Premier League now, you dont have to play for 1 of the Big 4 to earn 100k a week. Its certainly levelled the playing field somewhat :)

It will be hard to turn down, I kind of hope he does though

Wait for West Ham to make a move.....

I don't think it crosses players minds they wont play, I can see them off loading Walcott if he does sign which means he will get his minutes which add up.

I agree - it makes it much much better - Someone on talksport earlier made the point Everton have 200 million to spend, so what? so do Palace.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
You are joking, right?
You are saying that Leicester, man for man, have better players than Arsenal :lolol:

Their achievement is phenomenal BECAUSE they don't have the individuals. They are a brilliant team who tactically out-thought and out-fought everyone this season.

Cech or Schmeichal? Cech
Bellerin or Simpson? Simpson
Koscielny or Huth? Koscielny
Ozil or Drinkwater? Ozil
Sanchez or Marc Albrighton? Sanchez

If again that's an additional complement to the amazing work they did this year and the embarrassment caused to teams like Arsenal.

How biased was that lol.
King was a backup and is a FORWARD heh., Kante and drinkwater better than any of these players so Leicester win that one.
The only one that i think Arsenal better is Cech and thats by a whisker.
Vardy is better than Giroud.
Mahrez is better than Sanchez
Morgan is better than any Arsenal centre back.

Koscielny or Huth? Koscielny lol oh my god REALLY.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tactics, management styles, training methods, team morale, team chemistry, nutrition, standards of facilities, standard of coaching staff and so much more are all vital factors of the success of any squad; you can club together all the world-class talent you like, but if they get sent out with the wrong tactics, mentality, coaching etc, they won't perform to the best of their abilities.

Leicester got the other factors right and managed to squeeze everything they could out of a mediocre bunch of players with a few talented ones mixed in. A Premier League winners medal does not automatically make Wes Morgan, Robert Huth, Danny Simpson and the like world-class players.

Luck - They had the fair share of that as well - another season Huth would have given away about 20 penalties!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
That good Arsenal players that Leicester outscored them by 68 goals to 65 so yes i do believe the quality Leicester have is better as stats show leicester scored 3 more goals and also achieved the title which Arsenal cant buy with massive wages over leicester and transfer fees paid and points wise Leicester beat Arsenal by 10 points so yes Leicester do have better quality than that.
Your obviousally a Arsenal fan but come on, come back to reality, you have luxery players who perform on occassions.

You can idiot, Cup games ONE OFF, League is 38 games. Now shush.

Aaah it makes sense now, you follow football in the same way as Burke did, all hail the stats!

On a more serious note, and if you're not on a wind-up (still pretty sure you are), have you actually read any of the responses you've got so far? Forget the Arsenal element of things, do you believe that a team can overachieve based on their strength as a unit rather than solely on a simple 'their players are better' basis?

Or, to use your wording; 'haha lol your wrong football win team worse than other teams but lol league win shush'

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
How biased was that lol.
King was a backup, Kante and drinkwater better than any of these players so Leicester win that one.

Danny Drinkwater is better than Wilshire? mental.

I can not stand the bloke but seriously.....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I don't think it crosses players minds they wont play, I can see them off loading Walcott if he does sign which means he will get his minutes which add up.

I agree - it makes it much much better - Someone on talksport earlier made the point Everton have 200 million to spend, so what? so do Palace.

Im thinking on this occasion it will cross his mind, I hope anyway, Vardy is different from your average premier league footballer in where he has come from and he realises how lucky he is... or should do anyway...

It will still be difficult to turn down even if he realises he wont play all the time..

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Im thinking on this occasion it will cross his mind, I hope anyway, Vardy is different from your average premier league footballer in where he has come from and he realises how lucky he is... or should do anyway...

It will still be difficult to turn down even if he realises he wont play all the time..

Another point that has just crossed my mind, will he actually play much more at Leicester, how seriously will they take the CL?

I think this is a big moment for Leicester - if he goes I can see the other main players leaving.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
How biased was that lol.
King was a backup and is a FORWARD heh., Kante and drinkwater better than any of these players so Leicester win that one.

Pretty much agree with most of this. Now that Leicester will benefit from the largesse of the new tv deal they can now afford to keep that squad together and add some depth and more quality to it. Arsenal are basically a very atttractive sicknote that will never win the league or champions league with Wenger at helm.

Given his age I can understand Vardy considering what will be the biggest contract of his career, but Leicester are at least in a position to be competitive in these negotiations. I hope Leicester keep this team together for one more season at least just to see what they can achieve when everyone is err.......gunning for them.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That good Arsenal players that Leicester outscored them by 68 goals to 65 so yes i do believe the quality Leicester have is better as stats show leicester scored 3 more goals .

:lolol: bloody hell

The year we won league One against Southampton, do you think we had better INDIVIDUAL players than Southampton who we beat? HONESTLY

Just a little reminder of Some of Southampton's team:

Kelvin Davis
Morgan Schneiderlin (France international)
Jose Fonte (Portugal)
Rickie Lambert (England)
Jonathan Forte
Jason Puncheon
Dean Hammond
Radhi Jaidi
Adam Lallana (England)
Alex Oxlade-Charberlain (England)
DALE STEPHENS (world XI)

But yeah, you're right. Ankergren, El Abd, Painter, Matt Sparrow and Gary Dicker piss all over Davis, Fonte, Lallana, Chamberlain and Lambert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here