Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Vardy to Arsenal

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Pretty much agree with most of this. Now that Leicester will benefit from the largesse of the new tv deal they can now afford to keep that squad together and add some depth and more quality to it. Arsenal are basically a very atttractive sicknote that will never win the league or champions league with Wenger at helm.

Given his age I can understand Vardy considering what will be the biggest contract of his career, but Leicester are at least in a position to be competitive in these negotiations. I hope Leicester keep this team together for one more season at least just to see what they can achieve when everyone is err.......gunning for them.

Someone that doesnt have big club blinkers on at last.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Do you remember when Greece won the euros with their PHENOMENAL players. Cor, yeah. There was ummm....Theokis.....ummmm and Gianpopolopodus....ummmm

Much "better players" than Rooney, Owen, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Scholes, Cole......

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Someone that doesnt have big club blinkers on at last.

You appear to be having you're own argument.

EVERYONE(neutrals) prefer Leicester and are DELIGHTED with what they achieved. EVERYONE agrees they were the better team and it was PHENOMENAL what they achieved.

That's a completely separate issue to who has the better individually talented footballers. You don't seem to be separating the two different issues.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
You appear to be having you're own argument.

EVERYONE(neutrals) prefer Leicester and are DELIGHTED with what they achieved. EVERYONE agrees they were the better team and it was PHENOMENAL what they achieved.

That's a completely separate issue to who has the better individually talented footballers. You don't seem to be separating the two different issues.

Give it up, he's clearly a banana.

The differences between team ability and individual talent have been pointed out a few times but it seems to be deliberately ignored.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
image.jpeg

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I don't blame him if he does go. He will make a a fortune but more importantly this is something that he probably never thought would happen to him.

As an aside I feel that if it weren't for the agents then this move probably wouldn't materialise as the agent may have been pushing knowing they will get a massive fee as well as Vardy

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm surprised Ranieri has not left Leicester. He would be in demand from everywhere.

It will only be down hill for Leicester next season after the miracle of last season. Even if they finish 5th, some idiot fans will not be happy.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Forget Vardy and get Karim Benzema when he gets back from holiday in a couple of weeks. Twice as good as Vardy even with the French blackmail stuff hanging over him. He'd be awesome in the Premier League.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Forget Vardy and get Karim Benzema when he gets back from holiday in a couple of weeks. Twice as good as Vardy even with the French blackmail stuff hanging over him. He'd be awesome in the Premier League.
They tried to get him in the last transfer window didn't they?

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
I thought Mike Yardy was doing coaching at Hurstpierpoint Posh Boys and with Sussex Under 17s. Seems a big step to go straight to the Arsenal from there.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Think many Prem Clubs have tried yeah.

This is more a thread on an England player I'd have thought, and any impact on a starting striker the day before our opening match. Doesn't matter that it's Arsenal or Leicester or Timbuckfeckingtoo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Of course Vardy should go. He's 29, so it'll be his last chance at a big move. Bearing in mind he will not have been earning megabucks throughout his life, he's come to the fore very late on in his career. Going to Arsenal he'll get a maHOOsive signing on fee, a contract that should help set him up for life, and regular Champions League football. Arsenal are a far bigger club than Leicester and always will be. He'd be nuts to turn that down.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Think many Prem Clubs have tried yeah.

This is more a thread on an England player I'd have thought, and any impact on a starting striker the day before our opening match. Doesn't matter that it's Arsenal or Leicester or Timbuckfeckingtoo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here