Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Vardy to Arsenal

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Carroll was £35m on the back of Torres move to Chelsea for £50m.

Crazy amount for such a limited player.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If Vardy goes, what next? Do the other in-demand Leicester players think "Well if he's off, I'm not staying to be the hero".

Mahrez has been linked to other clubs all summer. Must be odds on to depart if this Arsenal-Vardy deal comes off (come to think of it, Mahrez seems like more of an Arsenal sort of player than Vardy).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think this would be a great signing for Arsenal, exactly what they need. Vardy is under rated as a player IMO and £20m is a snip in todays market for someone who can score so many in the premier league.

His age wouldn't concern me either. Players that come in from non league later tend to play professionally till an older age - Ian Wright being the classic example, he joined Arsenal at 28 I think and look how many goals he scored for them.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dear Jamie

Having slept on it feck you. Such a greedy nasty piece of shit. You have made yourself look like a right judas cvnt and i am talking Brian little/Mark McGhee proportions.
Even if this arsenal deal falls through I still don't want you here. You have burnt your bridges.

Ones I feel sorry far are your so called band of brothers, the fans and the club who have played a huge role in elevating you to this level.

For these reasons you are not a Leicester legend. Making it quite clear only 3 weeks ago you love it and are staying only to be turned at the first hand after being touted and rejected by other clubs is not the stuff of a legend no matter how many goals you have scored.......genuinely makes me feel sick.

Either way good riddance you judas pikey chav cvnt. Hope this ruins you and your hideous money grabbing wife.

One day when you are long forgotten after failing at Arsenal and your wife has rinsed you we will see a piece in a shit tabloid paper of you back in that factory in your 50's with no family, no friends and just a box of regret.

Taking it well....

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
I think this would be a great signing for Arsenal, exactly what they need. Vardy is under rated as a player IMO and £20m is a snip in todays market for someone who can score so many in the premier league.

His age wouldn't concern me either. Players that come in from non league later tend to play professionally till an older age - Ian Wright being the classic example, he joined Arsenal at 28 I think and look how many goals he scored for them.

He could be the next Ian Wright he only joined when he was in his late 20's and had a great career.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is he going to be a Gary Birtles or Tony Woodcock!?

Makes me think of that Forest side breaking up after their 'miracles'.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im not sure Vardy is what Arsenal need, and I am suprised Wenger is throwing £20m at at 29 year old, just goes to show how much money is floating around in the Premier League.

£20 million is nothing these days, escpecially for a striker who got 20 odd goals last season.

Mahrez will join him and Kante will go too. Sad really

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dear Jamie

Having slept on it feck you. Such a greedy nasty piece of shit. You have made yourself look like a right judas cvnt and i am talking Brian little/Mark McGhee proportions.
Even if this arsenal deal falls through I still don't want you here. You have burnt your bridges.

Ones I feel sorry far are your so called band of brothers, the fans and the club who have played a huge role in elevating you to this level.

For these reasons you are not a Leicester legend. Making it quite clear only 3 weeks ago you love it and are staying only to be turned at the first hand after being touted and rejected by other clubs is not the stuff of a legend no matter how many goals you have scored.......genuinely makes me feel sick.

Either way good riddance you judas pikey chav cvnt. Hope this ruins you and your hideous money grabbing wife.

One day when you are long forgotten after failing at Arsenal and your wife has rinsed you we will see a piece in a shit tabloid paper of you back in that factory in your 50's with no family, no friends and just a box of regret.

Taking it well....

Of course if he was joining Spurs it would be ok.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Even if you COMPLETELY take money out of the equation, this is a difficult one for a player.

Sure, the completely logical answer is "Leicester beat Arsenal and have Champions League football. Stay there".

But at 29 it really must be a case of "if I don't make this move, will I regret it forever?".

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Even if you COMPLETELY take money out of the equation, this is a difficult one for a player.

Sure, the completely logical answer is "Leicester beat Arsenal and have Champions League football. Stay there".

But at 29 it really must be a case of "if I don't make this move, will I regret it forever?".

I don't think it is., Arsenal every time.

More money
Bigger club
they are in the title race every year
better players
This chance wont happen again.

Also didn'tt Leicester try and flog him in the summer?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

More money
Bigger club
better players

Im not convinced he's going to go.... its a bit more money, Leicester will/are paying him a fortune too.

At Leicester he is guaranteed to play. Certainly not the case at Arsenal.
Depends if another 20k a week is worth sitting on the bench for.... Leics are already paying him vast sums by all accounts.

Thats the beauty of the Premier League now, you dont have to play for 1 of the Big 4 to earn 100k a week. Its certainly levelled the playing field somewhat :)

It will be hard to turn down, I kind of hope he does though

Wait for West Ham to make a move.....

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne

More money
Bigger club
better players

How can Arsenal have better players when Leicester won the league, what a load of rubbish lol.
But thanks for the laughs, you cant say Arsenal better because over years a bigger and have been higher in the league, your only as good as recent times and that shows Leicester are better and have better players than Arsenal as if they didnt Arsenal would have won the league.
Pure Dross.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
How can Arsenal have better players when Leicester won the league, what a load of rubbish lol.
But thanks for the laughs, you cant say Arsenal better because over years a bigger and have been higher in the league, your only as good as recent times and that shows Leicester are better and have better players than Arsenal as if they didnt Arsenal would have won the league.
Pure Dross.

They do have better players... just didnt show it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Pure Dross.

Apart from that being pretty much illegible (and wrong), you do realise you're talking to a Spurs fan there so it's not as if he has an agenda. :facepalm:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
He will choose to go to Arsenal. He will score the winning goal in extra time as we beat France in this summer's final. In doing so, he will twang his hamstring and be out for 6 months. FACT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here